Menu
Wuzhen, XiTang, etc
Mar 10, 2006 11:37
  • CHRIS345
Hello to all.

I will be in Shanghai from April 15 to 22. I have a possibility of different tours outside Shanghai. Which of the following cities would you recommend:
- XiTang
- Wuzhen
- Zhou-village and Grand view garden
- Tongli (instead of Zhouzhuang).

I cannot see all these towns, I also want to see Hangzhou and Suzhou. I know I can probably "do" Suzhou and Tongli together (or am I wrong?).
Any information would be good, for instance if XiTang is similar to Wuzhen, skip one and do the other, etc... You get my meaning.

Thank you all for the help

Christine
Mar 10, 2006 23:51
  • ELLYSE
I definitely recommend Tongli over Zhouzhuang; the latter is over-touristed. Xitang beats Wuzhen.
Here's a itinerary suggestion:
15-16/4: Shanghai
17/4: Morning train to Suzhou (1 hour), change to bus to Tongli (1 hour), overnight in Tongli
18/4: Morning bus back to Suzhou (1 hour), overnight boat to Hangzhou
19/4: Hangzhou
20/4: Noon bus to Xitang (1.5 hours), overnight in Xitang
21/4: Noon bus to Shanghai (2 hours), overnight in Shanghai
22/4: Shanghai
Depending on what time you fly in and out of Shanghai, you've about 2-3.5 days in Shanghai, 1 day in Tongli, 1 day in Suzhou, 1.5 days in Hangzhou and 1 day in Xitang.
Mar 12, 2006 06:34
  • CALIFORNIA
By the way,1.5days for Hangzhou,is it enough???
Mar 13, 2006 08:47
  • CHRIS345
Ellyse, thank you for your suggestions. Regarding the boat between Hangzhou and Suzhou, do you have any details? This is a most mysterious boat, I cannot find anything about it except that it seems to exist... I have no details on itinerary, cost, departure times, etc...

Thanks again for your help

Christine
Mar 14, 2006 00:34
  • ELLYSE
1.5 days is never enough for Hangzhou, but that's all that I could afford to schedule; if you take a look at the entire itinerary you should understand why.
I know I had details for the Suzhou-Hangzhou ferry, but I can't seem to find them down, and I can't seem to load Google as well. Sorry! Maybe I'll try again next time.
Post a Reply to: Wuzhen, XiTang, etc
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code