Menu
Beihai (Guangzi province) hotel +To Vietnam
Mar 12, 2006 00:57
  • DIANAM1976
Hi guys,
I am taking a ferry in 3 days from Haikou (Hainan Island) to beihai (guangxi province)...My question are :
1/ does anyone know a cheap youth hostel in Beihai (with e-mail or telephone number) to stay for a couple of nights???
2/ how to get from Beihai to the vietnamese border, knowing that i already have my visa ready to enter the country (and therefore don't need to go to Nanning first)????
If anyone had any tips, please let me know...cheers guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 14, 2006 07:51
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi,
Can't help you on cheap hostels. Baihai is not the kind of place that too many overseas tourist get to. I found a nice hotel down at Silver beach for Y80 per night which may be more than you want to pay. You may bargain down if it is out of season or else try in town.

There is an Expat called Tommy from OZ runs a little cafe by the same name out on the little island who may be able to give you some useful information you can't miss it - off to the left you approach the water. It's out of season now so should not be a problem getting a bed. Try around the bus station in town for something cheap.

PingXiang is the town nearest the border and then you'll need transport to YouYi Guan or Friendship Pass on the border. Looking at the map though you may need to go via Nanning but ask around, there could even be a boat??????

In Baihai just near the main intersection there is a "Marine Transport" ? Office where I bought my airline ticket. You may be able to find out about onward transport here. I found them helpful. But just keep in mind that just because someone doesn't know about what you're asking doesn't mean it's not possible. You just have to ask the right person the right questions. The closer you get to your destination the more likely you are to get good informaton but not always the case.

Just ask if you need more info. Some of this is from Lonely Planet and may be more to be had from other sources.

Hope you get to enjoy Baihai. I sure did. Have a read of my travel review. Give us some more insight and information when you get a chance. Enjoy your trip.
Mar 16, 2006 06:46
  • JABAROOTOO
I realize that this is too late for your trip but Rita has passed on the information about the new Ferry from Beihai to Halong in Vietnam which began on 3rd March. Its' a 10 hour sailing but that's all we know for now.

Look forward to hearing how you went.

Post a Reply to: Beihai (Guangzi province) hotel +To Vietnam
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code