Menu
VISITING ANCIENT TOMBS
Mar 12, 2006 23:46
  • SNOWBIRD
I feel a bit uneasy whenever I visited the ancient tombs. Somehow the atmosphere inside seem a bit eerie and makes me uncomfortable.

The Chinese consider that it is inauspicious to visit somebody's tomb. Yet everyday we have organised tours to these places. Don't you think it is also inappropriate to disturb someone's final resting places?
Mar 13, 2006 00:06
  • PINETREE
Long time no see, Snowbird. Glad to see u posting again.
Yes, somehow the atmosphere in a tomb gives an eerie feeling - no matter how grand the tomb is. Nowadays, money is almost everything - what respect for the dead ?
Mar 13, 2006 00:29
  • RITA
When I visit the Ming Tomb in the end of 2004, the guide told us a story. The guide was a Buddhist herself, whose name was Rose. Rose said when the royal tombs were excavated, a farmer from the nearby village picked some coffin boards home as firewood, later he found the wood was so good (Of course!!) that he changed his mind, he decided to make some furniture, such as a cupboard.

The farmer had 3 or 4 kids, I don't remember exactly. One day the kids played hide-and-seek with neighbour's kids, all the farmer's kids locked themselves inside the cupboard... When the farmer couple got back home, all was too late!!

Rose said it was a true story, but I don't know if it was a mere coincidence or the revenge from some unknown power???
Mar 13, 2006 01:03
  • CONNY129
wow~~ it sounds lurid ...

those tombs ,temples are unbearable for me , you can them on almost every mountains ,don't know why .
Mar 13, 2006 03:43
  • CALIFORNIA
I will pray for them......Sorry to disturb them.
Post a Reply to: VISITING ANCIENT TOMBS
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code