Menu
HK or Kowloon from Shenzhen
Mar 13, 2006 06:46
  • GOT2GO
After running into some snags I am considering flying into Shenzhen then going to either HK or Kowloon. The latter is where I want to go.

I've read departure tax from Mainland to HK is 216Y so that rather boosted the flight cost to HK. And since it would be two back to back flights another 50Y or 90Y for the domestic.

On a website I saw the turbojet has a shuttle from the ferry to the Shenzhen airport not the other way around. If I need taxis that rather defeats the purpose.

What options do I have to go from Shenzhen airport to either Kowloon or HK. Anyone know how to get from the airport to the ferry or is there a bus to Kowloon from the airport.

My two bags are small, but still cumbersome.

Any transportation ideas is appreciated.

Thanks
Mar 14, 2006 07:02
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Got2go,

Ticket prices now include the Y50 and Y90 so this is not an extra cost. Once you've bouth your ticket you will not have to pay it again.

From Shenzhen airport there shuttle bus to the Shekou ferry which comes into Kowloon. Works both ways. Cost of ferry is about Y200.

What you are comparing is the cost of flying from mainland to HK verses cost of flying from Mainland to Shenzhen plus Y200 for the ferry which most say is a worthwhile saving.

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/turbojet_sailing_rev.htm

or another site
http://www.shenzhenparty.com/comingtoshenzhen/ferry.html

Shekou to
Departure Time Arrival Pier Arrival Time
7:45 Central 8:45
8:30 Kowloon 9:30
9:00 Kowloon 10:00
10:15 Central 11:15
11:00 Kowloon 12:00
12:00 Central 13:00
14:00 Central 15:00
14:45 Kowloon 15:45
16:00 Kowloon 17:00
16:30 Central 17:30
17:30 Kowloon 18:30
19:45 Central 20:45
21:30 Central 22:30

Ticket Price to Airport is 180 HKD.to Hongkong is 90 HKD before 5:30pm, after it is 110 HKD

Anyway check it out yourself but airport to Kowloon is comfortable and easywith the turbo jet. Just have to watch your sailing times. My friend did it solo both wayslast summer no hitches.
Mar 14, 2006 08:13
  • TRAVELHK
JABAROOTOO's opinion is comprehsive and detail. You can go to Kowloon by ferry. Moreover, I would like to inform you another way to go to Kowloon/Hong Kong fro Shenzhen

Once you are in Shenzhen airport, take the shuttle bus K568 to "Lo Wu" which charges less than $50RB and takes around 30-50ins, then you can take go to Kowloon/Hong Kong from Lo Wu by KCR train. It charges HK$34.2 and takes around 35 minutes.

Involvementstay- serve for tourists
http://www.involvementstay.com/ (Help to travel Hong Kong and South China website)
involvementstay.com|enquiry
Mar 14, 2006 09:26
  • TRAVELHK
Revised:
K568 to "Lo Wu" which charges $20RMB and takes around 50-60 mins. (bus departs every 10 mins)
So this way will be cheaper

Involvementstay- serve for tourists
http://www.involvementstay.com/ (Help to travel Hong Kong and South China website)
involvementstay.com|enquiry
Mar 15, 2006 01:48
  • GOT2GO
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Costs, times, websites, options, what more could a person want.

Truly I appreciate the help.

I looked into booking a flight to KH and it wasn't available, not to mention when I checked earlier months it was quite expensive. When I looked into booking two separate segments, I found I would have to stay overnight. Add to that it would be an additional departure tax. Anyway.....your expertise is super.
Sep 19, 2007 04:56
GUESTMARTIN For sure the most convinient way is to take ferry. - Maybe aiprot to airport.
Anyway, if you want to go to downtown HK you also can take ferry. - EITHER to HK island, or Kowloon. In fact this is the most esiest way. - By bus and train, you need change transportation at least 2 times, and also need to carry your laguage along to cross border. About time every way is almost same. You'll be in HK downtown or airport HK about 2 -2.5 hours after touch down in Shenzhen.
Sep 19, 2007 07:30
Not necessarily the cheapest, but very simple and convenient, I can recommend taking one of the Coach services direct from the Airport to your Hotel in Shenzhen... My wife and I did this on Monday... we used CTS transport services.. they have a booth amongst several other companies as you step through from Arrivals, they charged 150HK$ per person, Their Coach left promptly on the hour, and took us to the border & passport control - we had to get off off and walk through passport control leaving our main luggage on the bus, which drove through to meet us the other side, then the second time it stopped, we took all our luggage with us through customs - CTS reps intercepted us as we exited customs, to direct us to another coach which deposited us at your hotel. The whole process took less than an hour and a half (including a bit of delay while we were allocated a bus to the Hotel, and afternoon rush-hour style traffic). I would certainly use this approach again, it was remarkably well organised and executed!
Sep 19, 2007 07:35
oops sorry.... answered wrong thread!!!
Sep 19, 2007 09:21
GUESTJANGEL I plan to travel from bangkok this November . I would like any one to advise me in what way that I can go to down town ( Ambassodor hotel). My flight will arrive 10:00pm and it was late. Are there any convenience bus/ train/ sub way not by taxi.
Thank you
Oct 22, 2007 14:52
GUEST17233 hi there
we will be arriving at shenzhen airport at ten thirty at night, can anyone tell m ehow we can get from shenzhen to kowloon, are we likely to be held up at immigration, and is there a border closing time to cross from shenzhen into kowloon? any helpwould be greatly appreciated
thank you
elaine
Oct 23, 2007 09:08
  • FAERIEQUEENE
you might consider sleeping at Shenzhen, the hotel is cheaper than Hongkong (Kowloon)

the last boat from SHenzhen airport leaves at 7.30pm or so
For info to all, Shenzhen airport to Kowloon boat schedule
=> http://www.turbojet.com.hk/turbojet_sailing_rev.htm

if you really have to travel to Kowloon after midnight, there is a possibility of crossing the border at Huanggang (open 24 hours), but i would say it's not easy to find its way for first time traveller, and without some chinese (and you have fewer people to ask at that time of the day...)

But any way => first take the 'yellow' bus crossing the Chinese border to HK immigration, that is from Huanggang to Lok Ma Chau (normally in day time there are numerous bus routes from Huanggang to downtown locations), then at Lok Ma Chau change for a night bus to Yuen Long where you can connect to city night bus routes or mini bus routes to downtown (eg Tsimshatsui, Mongkok...)

For those who can read Chinese, bus routes and schedules from Huanggang
=> http://yl.hk/yellowbus/
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: HK or Kowloon from Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code