Menu
Tour guide Beijing
Mar 14, 2006 12:09
  • SUZYCHI
Hi,

Are you a female student or a female wanting to make friends with someone from London?I will be arriving at Beijing Capital Airport at 21:00 on April 11th. Can anyone meet me at the airport, help me get to my hotel and show me around Beijing for the next 4 days? What are your daily rates? I don't mind touring with other people.

Thank you.

Suzy
Mar 14, 2006 21:02
  • VIVEN
Hi, I am vivien, female, age 28, a licensed part-time tour guide. I would like to pick you up at the airport and tour guide you around Beijing. I am sure you will have an informative and pleasant Beijing trip. Please contact me via E-mail: pku.org.cn|viven or msn:hotmail.com|shelley1026.
Mar 14, 2006 21:10
  • LOVEISVERB
Hi Suzy,

If you would rather venture to hire a free lance tour guide with no guarantee of any refund if the service your get from him/ her is far from what you expect. As far as I know, the CNTA would not issue any licence to free lance tour guides by far, only when they are hired by travel agencies (with guarantee fund in CNTA or their upper management)

I suggest you discuss every detail in advance and keep all the email records with you.

I can only wish you good luck!!!
Mar 14, 2006 21:16
  • RITA
In China, doing business with organizations/ companies is definitely safer than with individuals belong nowhere, but there are exceptions, of course!
Mar 16, 2006 19:18
  • VIVEN
Someone may have misunderstandings on part-time tour guide. Actually, I say I am licensed because I passed the national tour guide examination and got the tour guide certificate issued by China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) in 2005. Those who do not hold a tour guide certificate are forbidden to undertake tour guide businesses.

The licensed tour guide either work for travel agencies or for themselves. For those working for travel agencies, indeed, sometimes they have to hand in guarantee fund to travel agencies. In fact, Chinese tour guides have a lot of pressure, they don’t have fixed incomes, the travel agencies pay them nothing even when they are on work. The tour guides make money only through the way of getting commission from shop owners. So tourists are encouraged to go shopping. When off-peak season comes, tour guides usually cannot make both ends meet. That’s why many tour guides change their jobs, and sometimes they turn to work for themselves.

Things are different for freelance tour guides. Take me for example, I seek information from Internet, contact with customers who intend to visit Beijing, design routes according to their interests and requirements, arrange accommodation and meals. I never bring customers shopping unless they ask me to do so. My quote is RMB 400 (about $50). Customers pay me after the trip ends.
Mar 16, 2006 20:08
  • PINETREE
She writes well !!
Mar 16, 2006 20:11
  • NIHAOCHINA
One of my friends is an English tour guide back in Sichuan. She makes nil from the travel agency she never takes the tourists to shops and stuff. so she couldn't earn any commission either.But she gets tipped on her good service.
More tour guide nowadays are forced to start their own business.they, of course can never get slack if they want to maintain the customer contacts and gain more customers.probably they will have to work harder than those in travel agency..
Mar 16, 2006 20:16
  • PINETREE
Wow !! Am I underestimating members here ?!
Mar 17, 2006 02:09
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,I think so,Pinetree!!!
Mar 17, 2006 04:45
  • PINETREE
U must be right.
With such good English, why don't u guys/gals write ( "yap" ? ) more ? U know, being humble/modest is not necessarily a virtue in this present world.
Even Premier Wen Jia Bao talks more nowadays ! I love this man.
Mar 24, 2006 03:07
  • BURSTBUBBLE
I am Ricky but I am male, so what should I say? what can I do ? I've been working as a guide for a long time. if you like , you can contact me via etang.com|underwaterman
Post a Reply to: Tour guide Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code