Menu
Pre-booking soft sleeper/flights
Mar 15, 2006 04:58
  • SUZYCHI
Is there a website one can pre-book soft sleeper train or domestic flights without loads of commission? Or should I wait until I arrive in China.

Are there different prices for flights depending on airline?

Might there be a problem getting seat on soft sleeper/ plane if I don't pre-book? I only have 10 days to see what I planned to see.

My itinerary:

Beijing
Train to Xian
Plane to Guilin
Plane to Beijing
Mar 15, 2006 06:47
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,

Wait till you arrive. As soon as you get to Beijing have were you are staying , Hotel or Hostel buy your soft sleeper for the time day you wish to travel. You may also like to buy your plane ticket from Xian to Guilin at the same time but you could always do this as soon as you arrive in Xian. Buy your ticket to Beijing as soon as you arrive in Guilin Airport

soft sleepers are now usually booked out in the off season and mid week but Friday nights could be a problem. It all depends when you are travelling. Flights again no problem if it is not in peak season.

You can check our all the schedules here on this site. look for icons on top right for trains and planes and then you know pretty well when you can travel and have a few choices.

All the best with your tight schedule
Mar 15, 2006 06:49
  • JABAROOTOO
that should read

'NOT usually book out in off season' but Beijing to Xian is a popular line and weekends could be busy.
Mar 15, 2006 20:01
  • RITA
Since there is no discounts at all for train tickets in China, I doubt if there is any agency offers train tickets booking service only without taking any extra service charges. I suggest you book train tickets at hotel/ hostel's reception or front desk, they usually charge 50 yuan per ticket no matter where you are heading for.

To buy flight ticket upon your arrival at the airport is a good idea!! You can get good discounts also. Different airlines sometimes offer slightly different discounts if the schedule is similar. You can compare the prices before your pay for it.
Apr 11, 2006 10:50
  • REJOICE
Hello... we will be arriving in beijing on 16th and will leave via train to xian on the 20th then leave to shanghai via train again after two-day stay in xian...my question is - can we possibly buy tickets for soft sleeper for that short period of time like from xian to shanghai???? is 55rmb charge per ticket reasonable than doing it our own on the station and we cannot speak chinese by the way..
Apr 11, 2006 18:55
  • INCHINA
Actually, it's not the right time for u to travel in China, because it's near May Days which is a very important and quite long vocation in China. All the places u plan to go will be extremely hot, u'd better avoid the rush.

How long will u stay in China?? The Crowded time is since last April to May 10th
Apr 11, 2006 20:11
  • MAY001
To REJOICE,
The train ticket from Xian to Shanghai is always hard to get. So it's better to ask a agency to help u. RMB 55 charge is quite reasonable for a soft sleeper ticket. Especially when you cannot speak Chinese. This should be the best way.
Post a Reply to: Pre-booking soft sleeper/flights
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code