Menu
Shenzen to Dali
Mar 16, 2006 11:17
  • MOMO1
Hello!
I already found a lot of useful information on this forum. It's really great!

I'm coming to HK in about a week and I would like to fly to Dali (preferably) or to Lijiang. Probably it's cheaper from SZ airport, so I would like to ask if smby. knows about cheap flights from SZ to these two cities(how many a day, schedules, prices). Do I need to buy the ticket in advance(in HK) or can I just show up at the airport few hours earlier?

Does it make much difference in price if I fly from Guangzhou?

also, I'm coming from EU (one of the new countries) and I have a chinese visa. is there any other visa i need (for HK or SZ)?

Sorry for so many question, but most of (detailed) info is in Chinese...
Thnx for any response!
Mo
Mar 17, 2006 00:15
  • ELLYSE
There seems to be no flight from Shenzhen to Dali.
There's a flight from Shenzhen to Lijiang all 7 days of the week (ZH9981, 0830--1050). The full fare is 1630 RMB but you should be able to get a discount of up to 30% if you're lucky.
Mar 18, 2006 07:20
  • JABAROOTOO
Recommend you visit Lijiang especially if there is a direct flight. It's easy to take ferry from HK to Shenzhen airport.

The flight leaves early in the morning so you may need to stay the night in Shenzhen in which case you could buy your ticket as soon as you arrive for the next morning's flight.

Mar 20, 2006 02:53
  • MOMO1
Thanks a lot for all the information!
I even found a really good price for direct flight to Zhongdian (around 700 RMB + tax i guess), which would be a nice starting point, if I'm lucky to get it...

just one more q.: in my LP it says that you are not obliged to pay airline insurance surcharge (but that agencies demand it anyway). is this true?
can you recommend an agency in HK or should I go directly to the airline office?

thnx for any reply,
mo
Mar 21, 2006 07:59
  • JABAROOTOO
MOMO1,
Sounds like you found a great deal to Zhongdian and this will be great way to go, taking the bus south to Lijiang and then backk to Dali or Kunming for flight out.

I have no expereince with Travel Agents in HK and have bought tickets on the mainland at the airport or through agencies which have not asked or forced me to pay insurance.

Try the airlines direct. They give good prices too.
Mar 23, 2006 09:11
  • MOMO1
thanks guys! really helpful information!
i hope my plans work out... otherwise, I can always improvise. :)

bye,
mo
Post a Reply to: Shenzen to Dali
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code