Menu
Moving to China
Mar 19, 2006 22:32
  • VINNIE77
Hello,

Can anyone speak on their experience on moving to China from overseas? If anyone's relocated there for business, short or long term, please share your experience and advise with me. I am planning to do this later this year and to go into business. But it would be nice to hear others' experiences and how to make a smooth transition. I'm from the U.S.

Thanks,

Vinnie.
Mar 21, 2006 07:48
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Vinnie,
I thought you asked about this earlier. What exactly are you concerned about if anything????

Need a business Visa, accommodation etc.?????

Have you decided on where you will live yet. That will help with some of the advice. i.e. Cost of living etc.

Waiting to hear more..
Mar 21, 2006 07:52
  • JABAROOTOO
PS When you know where you'll be living, you could see if there is an expats website and get to know some of them before you arrive. They may be able to give some more specific advice or helpful tips.
Mar 23, 2006 22:02
  • VINNIE77
Hi, how are you? Long time no hear. How's everything? You're right, I wrote on this a while ago but it was more to do with working and earning a living. Before I set on moving, I expect I'll have laid the groundwork enough so that I'll be involved with my own business with some friends after my arrival. And if I can work things out well enough, I'll still be able to work over the internet for my current company till I can get my business off the ground.

I guess my main concern now is just in preparing for the move. The reality's just hitting me that I'm expecting to go there for several months at least and not leaving the option open for returning here. So I'll sell off most of my belongings and replace them there.

But what do you do to prepare? What sort of paperwork do you need to fill out? What offices do you need to visit, besides the China Consulate to get the new visa? And then after you arrive there, what is your first course of action? Do you have to register with some governmental agency or anything like that?

As for where I'm going, I'm going to stick to Wuxi for a while since I'll have an apartment available there. That's where I aim to run my new business, there's this new development where I plan to go again next month and if I can swing it, purchase some business property. So that end of things would be set. Just need to know what steps to take to prepare from this end, then after I arrive.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can send my way!

Vinnie.
Post a Reply to: Moving to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code