Menu
Finding Friendlies
Mar 21, 2006 22:40
  • GOT2GO
I like the five friendlies, but haven't seen them on a t-shirt. Has anyone seen these five little fellows on clothing?

BTW, this may be a stupid question. Since I know that, spare me the nasty notes:

Will HK being going strong with the sales and hoopla about the Olympics in Beijing? A couple of friends say that HK disconnects themself from mainland. I wouldn't venture a guess about Taiwan, just because if there's money to made...

Thanks.
Mar 22, 2006 00:17
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Got2go,

You can buy it in 2008 Beijing Olympic Game Shops!You can find it in the airport,railway station,shopping centre......

"HK disconnects themself from mainland."---No,it is a part of China,the same to Taiwan!!!

Mar 22, 2006 00:23
  • PINETREE
A couple of friends say that HK disconnects themself from mainland. I wouldn't venture a guess about Taiwan, just because if there's money to made...

UNQUOTE

Hk wanted to disconnect with China in the past. But things are different now - they need China's market to survive - just like Taiwan.
Taiwan also like to think that they are not China because up till now they are economically stronger. But this will not be so in time to come - the Taiwanese businessmen already realised this some time ago.
Mar 22, 2006 05:45
  • GOT2GO
So Taiwan and HK would have Olympic stores/items as well? It would make good business sense, but I wasn't sure if they would be promoting it. I know when a city hosts the Olympic the entire country sees a boost in tourism. I wonder if that would include Taiwan.

Thanks for the tip on the stores. I guess I haven't come across any, yet. Now I know what to look for.
Mar 22, 2006 18:49
  • MAY001
To GOT2GO,
California means you can find them in Beijing, I think. Most of the shops are in Beijing, but u can find some in other cities.
Mar 22, 2006 19:22
  • PINETREE
Am sure u will be able to find 2008 Olympics souvenirs in HK too. But quite sure they will not be avail in Taiwan.
Mar 23, 2006 19:12
  • GOT2GO
Thanks pinetree. That's exactly what I was wondering.
Post a Reply to: Finding Friendlies
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code