Menu
Sara's travelogue ---Chengdu-Lijiang-Zhongdian-Lijiang-Dali
Mar 22, 2006 04:09
  • NIHAOCHINA
Sara's a kiwi:) Here I pasted her emails, as you guys might find it helpful:)

Last time I emailed I was still in Chengdu. Went and saw the pandas, they were so cute. You can pay $RMB30 to have your photo taken with a red panda or $RMB200 with a big balck and white one. I didn't do it as that was a whole days budget at that stage (now it's 2 daysas things are a lot cheaper here - $RMB10 for accommodation).

Spent Chinese New Year in a quite pub eating and drinking with 2 germans, and american and a canadian. A pretty quite night, I though Chengdu would have got into it a bit more. Lots of fireworks.

Caught a sleeper train to Panzhihua, which got there at 5.30am. Got ripped off by a taxi driver going to the bus station - still a little bitter about this. I got to the bus station about 6am and men kept coming up to me and saying in Chinese that there is no bus to Lijiang today and they'll take me in their mini van. It was 6am, I was tired, had a really bad stomach and was not in the mood to be pissed around by someone who was going to rip me off. I told them I didn't want to go with them in Chinese, but like any good Chinese person who's trying to rip you off they kept persisting (for an hour) until I started swearing at them in English and they got the idea to leave me alone - don't mess with me when I'm tired and ill.

Apr 29, 2006 09:01
  • KIMI
hi there sara,

My name's mimi fm Singapaore

me gg wf my fren to Chendu nx wk.. Can u help me ..

I nd to know if u did go to Jiujaizhou, chendu ... fm where did u get thre .. is it possible to travel from Jiujaizhou direct to xian ?? .. by bus or any other tpt there ..

Also .. how far is Panzhihua to Lijiang ..

Thanks for ur help ..
Jul 14, 2009 08:20
GUEST41184 I am in Panzhihua, however; I am not in the area of the Train station. Does anyone know how to get to the train station from the outskirts? Thanks in advance.

Liz
Post a Reply to: Sara's travelogue ---Chengdu-Lijiang-Zhongdian-Lijiang-Dali
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code