Menu
Flights from Hong Kong to Guilin
Mar 22, 2006 17:26
  • JOEWKS
Hello,

We are going to HK on May 12th for 3 days and then start our TCG tour in Guilin on Monday, May 15.

We need to book 2 tickets from Hong Kong to Guilin on Monday 5/15/2006. I did a flight search and it looks like we only have 2 options on Mondays (KA700 19:00hrs or CZ3032 20:40hrs). Am I reading the schedule correctly?

How do I purchase the tickets? I have an email into TCG to see if they will book the flights for us.

Would it be better or cheaper to take an express train from HK to Guangzhou and then a deluxe soft sleeper train from Guangzhou to Guilin?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mar 22, 2006 18:43
  • MAY001
You can take a train from Guangzhou to Guiling, but it will cost u more than 13 hours. Yes, it's cheaper, a deluxe soft sleeper ticket is CNY 326.
Mar 22, 2006 18:51
  • RITA
Hi Joe,
The schedule you searched was correct, there are only China Southern Airlines and Dragon Air operate between Hong Kong and Guilin until now.

TCG is travel agency, of course I think they can book whatever your want, hehe!~

Full airfare from HK~Guilin is about 1690(ticket price only)p.p.

Trainfare: Hong Kong/ Guangzhou/ Guilin is about 650.00 p.p.

Train tickets booking and delivering may need some extra service charges, and transfering trains is sometimes troublesome for foreigners.
Mar 23, 2006 11:09
  • JOEWKS
Thanks for the gret information. You've really helped to make our desicion easier.

We've decided to take the later flight from HK to Guilin. It's well worth the extra money. It will help us make the most of our time in China.

Thanks again!

Joe
Post a Reply to: Flights from Hong Kong to Guilin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code