Menu
Phone calls from China to the USA
Mar 22, 2006 17:33
  • JOEWKS
I'm going to be traveling in HK & China for 15 days in May. My mobile phone will work in China, but it costs $3 per minute to call the USA. What is the cheapest way to make phone calls from China to the USA?

Our hotels all have high speed Internet. Will the Vonage or Lingo VOIP devices work in China? Are there any other Internet based services that we can use to stay in touch with loved ones in the USA, while we are in China? We planned on using email and messenger programs, but we'd like to be able to talk with them. Will Yahoo Messenger with Voice work from China to the US?
Mar 22, 2006 17:59
  • ROGERINCA
Hi Joe,

I cannot speak to the HSI formats, such as Vonage and or Lingo.

However, I use a very inexpensive calling card system, both for my frequent calls to China, and another card for my calls home to the USA, from China: Go on-line to e-callchina.com you can order cards there for any amount of time you wish to purchase. I pay only les than 2 cents per minute calling China. The rate for China to USA calls, is 9.9 cents p/min.

The system is very reliable and very clear, unlike some of the internet based calling systems. I have used e-callchina for over three years now and have had no service issues.
They have a 24/7 service advisor available.

Hope this helps some ??

Mar 22, 2006 19:02
  • RITA
You can also consider using Skype, but the problem I confront was I had to use the same software edition with the person I spoke to.
Mar 22, 2006 19:08
  • MAY001
I think you can also use MSN. But I'm not sure whether the hotels will support you Computer, earphone and microphone. In fact, most of the big internet cafe do have microphones and even digital camera.
Mar 23, 2006 11:05
  • JOEWKS
Thanks for all of your help! That answers a lot of my questions!

Have a great day!

Joe
Post a Reply to: Phone calls from China to the USA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code