Menu
Beijing Tour Guide
Mar 22, 2006 23:19
  • NICK005
I am flying from the US to Shanghai in April for vacation. I intend to visit Beijing by myself as a side trip for a few days. Since I am limited in time and have problem with Mandarin, should I join those day tours offered by a hotel, seek out travel agencies in Beijing, or would it be better to hire a personal tour guide for a few days? What sort of rate quote should I expect from each?

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 24, 2006 00:43
  • ELLYSE
How many days in total do you have on your trip, and how many days do you expect to be spending in Beijing out of that?
I'm studying in Shanghai, but I could probably take a few days out to guide you in Beijing (I've been there twice already) if I'm free.
Mar 24, 2006 02:57
  • BURSTBUBBLE
I've been working as a guide in Bejing for several years, if you like ,you can contact with me. my email address is :etang.com|underwaterman
Mar 26, 2006 22:05
  • NICK005
ELLYSE,

Thank you for your response. Are you a tour guide? I intend to flying to Beijing from Shanghai on the morning of 4/9 and then flying back to Shanghai in the evening of 4/11. It will be for 3 days and 2 nights. I will stay around Shanghai for a few more days then head back to the US.

Mar 26, 2006 22:09
  • NICK005
BURSTBULLE,

I also want to thank you for your response. I will contact you at the email address you indicated for more information.

Mar 31, 2006 23:07
  • ELLYSE
I'm in my 3rd year at Shanghai Conservatory of Music, faculty of traditional Chinese instruments. I've travelled pretty widely throughout China and regularly show travellers around Shanghai and other places.
BTW, I'd recommend taking the comfortable overnight Z trains instead of flying to Beijing and back. You save on the time and cost of travelling to/from airports, and you'll also save on the cost of accommodation for 2 nights. Let me know if you need plane/train tickets and I'll see what I can do to help.
Unfortunately, I'll be joining a bunch of friends for a trip out of Shanghai, leaving 7/4 evening and returning 10/4 dawn. If we're still able to meet up and etc, feel free to drop me an email at ellyse99ATyahoo.com (substitute @ for AT, thanks).
Apr 2, 2006 01:39
  • MYIVA8
you can try www.freeiva.com, maybe it is helpful for you to hire a personal guide in beijing.
Post a Reply to: Beijing Tour Guide
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code