Child custody, Fiancee Visa
Mar 23, 2006 16:05
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Aug 17, 2005
  • Status: offline
Hi Everyone,

My Fiancee is from Hubei Province. She is divorced and has a 17 year old son. Although her husband has legal custody, I would like to bring her and her son to America on a fiancee visa so she and I can get married and he can go to college here in America. I know this may be very difficult since she does not have custody.


How old does her son have to be before he can choose where he wants to live? (He is almost 18)

Any other information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Mar 23, 2006 19:06
  • MAY001
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Sep 28, 2005
  • Status: Offline
According to the Chinese law, the opinions of the children over 10 years old must be considered when the parent divorced. If the child choose his/her mother, and the mother can afford the living, the judge will respect to the child's choice.
But I don't know whether it is suitable in an international marriage. I think the best way is to consult some authorities such as the embassy.

Wish u good luck!
Post a Reply to: Child custody, Fiancee Visa
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code