Menu
Which is better? Shilin or Naigu?
Mar 23, 2006 19:46
  • JAMW198
know they're both stone forest so I just want to visit one of them. Shilin is more famous but also very crowded. So was just thinking is it better to visit Naigu instead? Anyone knows how to get to Naigu?
May 28, 2006 08:20
  • SILJA
I think SHILIN is more worth you visit.If you have enough time, you can visit Naigu

MSN:163.com|yxycwg
Jun 7, 2006 05:24
  • KMLAWYERCHEN
Absolutely Shilin stone forest. it is not for its reputation, but it is the typical cast geography. it is the world geographical heritage.
If you come to Kunming, I'd like to chat with you in tea house, I am a lawyer. my E-mail: 163.com|kmlawyerchen tel:13095338075
Jun 9, 2006 14:24
  • KMLOVER
Of course Shilin is better,althrough the ticket is a little expensive.
Jun 12, 2006 22:49
  • ETHNICEAST
if you have time, visit both then...or if you have visited shilin, then try naigu...
whether which is better is really subjective.
Jun 13, 2006 00:32
  • PINETREE
Problem is obviously he has time for only 1 !
Jun 16, 2006 10:10
  • CLARENCE
I have not been to Naigu, but I think Shilin is good enough. Yes, there are LOADS of people, but if you have about 4 hours of time to spend, it is a very good experience.

I visited the place last week, and it's beautiful. It's expensive at 140RMB, and at the beginning, there are so many tourists, so many that we were actually commenting that there are more tourists than rocks hahaha.

However, most of the tourists (package tours) hangs around the main entrance, the piece of rock with the words 'SHILIN' and the sword lake.

I would advise you interested people to just go there and take a look and snap as many pictures as possible (there will definitely be people in your photos though...). After this, around the sword lake, there is a path that you can climb to get to the top of one of the rocks, but be careful though, cos the rocks are smooth.

After that, if you actually manage to climb to the top, you can also venture from that lake to this place where we find total quietness and we can overlook the majority of SHIlIN, very beautiful. However, I cannot describe the path to this high point cos we sort of stumble onto this point.

Then you can slowly make your way to the 10000 years old Lingzi-lookalike rock structure, which is about an hours walk to and fro. On your way to this formation, you will past by padi fields and huge amounts of i-dunno-what droppings on the ground. The trek is nice though.

Post a Reply to: Which is better? Shilin or Naigu?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code