Menu
Markets in Hangzhou
Aug 27, 2004 21:00
  • NOMAD
I am a tourist who loves shopping in markets! Where are the best markets in Hangzhou? I love clothes, handbags, small pieces of old-style Chinese furniture and traditional crafts.
Aug 28, 2004 13:34
  • MACMA
i can not give you any advise about markets but i can give you an advise that will be very usefull..............be sure to have cash money with you because Hangzhou may apear to be a large city (4.000.0000 + people) but we had to search for 4 hours to find a bank who accepted our creditcards......................while there are many banks in Hangzou..........An other tip is when you go walking around the famous lake there are always young people dying to talk english with you and the are more then willing to help you to find the most special market in Hangzou.

regards,

Martin
Aug 30, 2004 10:22
  • DAISY
Most products you will find in Hangzhou is silk goods, because it is famous for its "Hangzhou Embroidery" and "Hangzhou Silk". Maybe you can buy some traditional Chinese clothing and handbag, and some other souvenirs which is full of Chinese feature.
For shopping options, explore the Hangzhou Friendship Store, the Hangzhou Meilun Textiles Store, or the Hangzhou Silk Store for embroidery items.
One great place to souvenir shop in Hangzhou is the market that opens every evening on Wushan Road. Here you can avoid the high prices at Hangzhou's many tourist shops. Bargaining is not only recommended, it is required! Bargain hard and you will go home with some great deals.

Sep 7, 2004 13:19
  • CHENSSY
I'm from Hangzhou. I can answer your question. Except some big department stores e.g. Yintai, Hangzhou DaSha shopping mall, Lixing, Yuanhua, Hangzhou Wulin Road is a good place for you to find a lot of fasionable clothes and bags with Hangzhou style, which I strongly recommend. In Yan'an road, there is a Longxiang Clothes Market where there are all kinds of very cheap clothing goods but the quality is just so-so and the environment is not ideal(very crowded). If you are interested, you may try. Wushan road offers many antiques that mostly are small pieces but maybe you can find furniture.
Sep 8, 2004 10:24
  • BONITA
and most silk products are of the typical Chinese traditional style. Maybe you can ask the tailor to make a fitted cheong-sam as your measure. This would be a great souvenir to prove you have been to Hangzhou, the home of Chinese Silk.
May 1, 2015 14:32
GUESTHASSEN Hi freinds,
Where I can find wholesale furniture markets in hangzhou ?
May 3, 2015 07:12
  • EVASERVICE
华东家俱市场,Qiutao road, Jianggan District of Hangzhou,there is a nice furniture markets

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTHASSEN

Hi freinds,
Where I can find wholesale furniture markets in hangzhou ?
Aug 15, 2018 18:10
GUEST99194 I am from Singapore.
Where can I go to buy fruits like peaches from wholesales market in Hangzhou?
Thank you.
Dec 14, 2018 02:59
GUEST98214 Where can I buy replica fashion (clothing, watch ect) in Hangzhou?
Post a Reply to: Markets in Hangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code