Menu
Immigration question
Aug 30, 2004 05:05
  • CATPAN
When you are returning home after visiting Hong Kong, and after getting your boarding pass, do you still need to show your boarding pass to the Hong Kong Immigration officer at the passport control, or you can just show them your valid passport and the other portion of your arrival form given back to you to get your exit stamp?
Aug 31, 2004 10:15
  • DAISY
Though I think it is not necessary when you finish your visit, I still insist that you should take it with you in case that they would ask you to show it.
Aug 31, 2004 15:57
  • LESAIGNEUR
When you return at home, present your passport and the departure card "boarding pass"
If you lost the departure card you can make another card, it's not a probleme.
Aug 31, 2004 19:21
  • CATPAN
My friend, a dual Citizen and passport holder (Canada & Malaysia) is also going to HK with me for holiday. She decided that she want to use her Canadian Passport to enter HK and exit HK back to Canada. WOuld HK let her in the country with her valid Canadian Passport eventhough her exit stamp from singapore (last country visited) is on her Malaysian Passport. Would a valid Canadian Passport shown to Immigration be a good enough?
Sep 1, 2004 09:39
  • DAISY
Hi, Catpan!
If your friend is the Canada passport holder, she do not need a Hong Kong visa in 3 months.

And you can find more related info in
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/faq/before/index.htm#5
Sep 1, 2004 10:08
  • LESAIGNEUR
>Would a valid Canadian Passport shown to Immigration be a good enough?
Of course!
Post a Reply to: Immigration question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code