Menu
Catching a connecting flight to Hong Kong in Beijing / Visa
Apr 5, 2006 08:30
  • SERGEMATON
I am flying with Air China from London Heathrow to Beijing aiport where I have to catch a connecting flight also with Air China from Beijing to Hong Kong. After several days in Hong Kong, I will enter mainland China through Guilin.

I am trying to establish whether I will need a single entry or double entry visa for China.

So far, no coherent answer from the embassy, the travel agent and the airline...

Does anybody know whether I will be able to transfer in Beijing airport to my connecting flight (both with the same airline) without having my visa cancelled or will I have to go through customs in Beijing airport (in which case I will need a double entry visa).

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this conundrum. I have already handed my passport to the embassy who said I needed a single entry visa, but others have told me it is not so, so when I get my passport back I might have to ask for a second single-entry visa...
Apr 5, 2006 19:42
  • RITA
You will need a single entry visa if you stay in the airport area within 24 hours.
Apr 9, 2006 07:27
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi,
Your first stop in Beijing will just be as a transit passenger so it will not be considered as entry to China. Only if you clear customs and immigration will you need a multi entry visa.

Enjoy your trip
Post a Reply to: Catching a connecting flight to Hong Kong in Beijing / Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code