Menu
Vistiting Guiling for 4 days
Apr 6, 2006 08:26
  • BACKPACKER
Hi Guys,

I am going to visit Guilin in April for 4 days.

Any things "MUST TO SEE", "MUST TO DO" and "MUST TO EAT"??

How about the accomodation? I would like to stay in the hostel, my concern is about the hygiene and safety.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

backpacker
Apr 7, 2006 07:22
  • CHIIIINITA
If I were you...instead on spending all the four days in Guilin itself, I would travel to the north of Guanxi province and defenetly wouldn't miss Longshen rice fields, Sanjiang...and if you'r ready to deeper rural areas I would take a bus to Zhaoxing, just near the border between Guanxi and Guizhou...

You should check out some pictures in the internet and see how amazing those little minority villages look like...

Probably you won't find the cleanes and most higienic places around China, but I still think it's worh it, but that's just me.

Hope you have a nice trip! :)
Apr 7, 2006 13:54
  • BENDYSSS
I've been to guilin last year and I don't think it's hygienic but actually it's close to nature ,and things there seem to be interesting ,you can take a boat made from bamboos floating on the lijiang river and ride around the hills by bike ,also you can enjoy the delicious foods such as "beer fish",and don't need to worry about the safety.
In conclusion ,it's a good place if you can bear the dust after the motor cycles.
Enjoy yourself and have a good time.
Apr 7, 2006 20:09
  • GOT2GO
I wished I had allowed more time in Guilin. The Dream Like Lijiang evening show was excellent. I spent nearly an entire day at Seven Star Park and the caves inside the park. Elephant Trunk Park was also quite nice. Fubo Shan with the four hills with steep steps had great views and stele inscriptions.

Take a walk in the evening to the two towers in the middle of the two lakes close to Elephant Trunk.

Regarding food, I ate twice at the same buffet place.
May 5, 2006 19:56
Hello, i am local of guilin, Your itinerary of guilin I would like to make as follows for your reference:
The first day: make a city tour. Morning to the solitary peak, climb the top of the mountain to see the panoramic view of the city, then to the reed flute cave which called the palace of arts. With colorful lights make the cave fantastic.

The second day take bus or by car to longsheng, you will see the charming spectacle of rice terraces. It is the most astounding of china. Also you can enjoy the minority shows here.

The third day, cruise on the li river down to the backpacker’s mecca yangshuo, feast your eyes with the gorgeous scenery of lining with many limestone pinnacles.and a visit to guilin will not complete without a boat excursion. at night see the impression liu sanjie show on li river. it is wonderful show.

The forth day, renting bikes to the moon mountain, Water cave to take mud bath and bamboo boat rafting in yulong river, which reputed as li river’s younger sister.

in yangshuo you must try to eat beer fish. it is local food.
Sep 19, 2007 09:46
GUEST22106 Hi, I am going to Guilin in the end of October. Is it possible to rent a motorcycle or scooter over there to travel around and how much does this costs.

You can email the answer to hotmail.com|p_meussen
Sep 19, 2007 21:56
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,GUEST22106,

Yesterday i just fly back to Shanghai from Guilin.Normally renting a bicycle is more easier in Guilin.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Feb 22, 2012 22:50
GUEST43683 Dear Patrons of Guiling,

How much does it cost to live at a backpackers, renting a motorcycle and food in Guling for a month if I am on a tight budget? How big is Guling? What is the popultion like? Is it another hippy sanctuary like Pai in Thailand with Caucasian getting involved in convenience relationships with locals, vice versa, just to stay there and do business and behave like gurus? Please advice.Thanks in advance.
Post a Reply to: Vistiting Guiling for 4 days
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code