Menu
There must be others in Sjz, where are you?
Apr 9, 2006 07:38
  • APAULT
If you live in or around Sjz, whether an ex-pat or a local, why not say hello? Maybe we can get together some time.

If you are a visitor or planning a trip to Sjz, you can also say hello. Perhaps I (and maybe, we) can help you. The first tip is really the same as Helen Danger's - this is not a tourist town, despite the comments on the Sjz home page.

Paul
Apr 11, 2006 10:55
  • REJOICE
hello paul...just want to know if you know more about train travel in china???? cause we will arriving in Beijing (5days stay) from the Philippines on 16th April and will proceed to Xian (2 days stay) then Shanghai via trains...my question is --- can we possibly avail a soft sleeper for a short period of time?
Apr 12, 2006 11:57
  • APAULT
Yes you can use sleepers on short trips, I have done it. My experience is that you can either book the sleeper in advance or you can buy a seat ticket and then upgrade on the train - there is an office on the train. If you don't speak Chinese (like me) make sure get someone to write down the things you want and the places you want to go to - it's the only way to get around.

Have you seen these:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/index.htm (for train schedules and prices)
http://www.maps-of-china.net/general/railways.htm
Enjoy your trip.
Paul
Nov 6, 2007 08:51
GUEST25283 Hi Paul, are you still living in Shijiazhuang? Noticed that this thread is about a year ago.

I'm thinking of making the move there in the next couple of months, would like to keep in touch. My email: yahoo.com|l4china

Karen
Jan 22, 2009 16:41
  • ZHENDING
Hi,
My daughter was found as a little baby in a ZhenDing Hospital in fall of 1997 and adopted from the ShiJiaZhuan SWI in March 1998. I am interested in travelling with her this summer or next to visit the area and see the sites. Karen, are you still there? Paul, any pointers or photos? Thanks!
Post a Reply to: There must be others in Sjz, where are you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code