Menu
Do's and Don'ts for China
Apr 10, 2006 04:53
  • MAY001
I just saw a very good discussion from other website. It is about the list of do's and don't's from Chinese President Hu Jin-tao:
Quote:
Love, do not harm the motherland.

Serve, don't disserve the people.

Uphold science; don't be ignorant and unenlightened.

Work hard; don't be lazy and hate work.

Be united and help each other; don't gain benefits at the expense of others.

Be honest and trustworthy, not profit-mongering at the expense of your values.

Be disciplined and law-abiding instead of chaotic and lawless.

Know plain living and hard struggle, do not wallow in luxuries and pleasures.
Unquote

How do u think about them??
Apr 10, 2006 07:21
  • PINETREE
Very good - hope that all Chinese can observe them. Actually these are not new - I believe that everyone has been taught such. Of cos, putting them into practice is not easy.
Apr 10, 2006 19:59
  • MAY001
Yes, Pinetree, putting them into practice is not easy. In fact, this kind of virtues have been taught since we were in kindergarten. For example, teachers taught us not to lie. But what the fact is?? We lie sometimes when we think we have to...
Apr 10, 2006 20:48
  • LOVEISVERB
Well, I think a little bit differently or perhaps critical. 子曰:‘不在其位,不谋其政。The do's are what they should do for people on that positions.

How should we all be so disappointed? Why should we lower our standards down so much? Nowadays, when we judge a person with power, with high position, we say ** he is excellent, because he is not a bribee** Come on, don't get me wrong, not being a bribee does not necessarily make a good governor, right?? He should be a person with intelligence, with sense, with reason, with compassion and most of all, abilities. Not being corrupt is only one of the basic principles, or it's one of the basic elements makes one a good governor.

I hope when we say *Excellent* next time, we mean *Excellent* not *Mediocre*. Never should we get down to lower level but up to higher.
Apr 10, 2006 21:22
  • CALIFORNIA
Do???Don't???

So difficult!!!
Apr 8, 2008 14:21
GUESTCASSHAY well im just tryin to figure this out ok i need help finding out whats the do's and donts for china
Post a Reply to: Do's and Don'ts for China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code