Menu
Uighur Guide/translator needed
Apr 11, 2006 23:34
  • SAWIT
Hi there,

I am looking for an Uighur-speaking guide and translator in Urumqi for July who can help me to translate from Uighur/Mandarin to English and vice versa. Anyone?
S.

Apr 12, 2006 09:04
  • TINABEIJING
u have to find uighur people, they might speak Uighur. But not much chinese can speak both Uighur and English. I guess they do speak mandarin too. IoI it's hard anyway.
Apr 22, 2006 06:32
  • HANNAHKING
Dear sir,
I am Hannah, I want to be an interpreter this summer holiday. Urumqi is my hometown and I'm familiar with there,I will back this summer holiday in July.I think I could help you,I want to know where are you come from
Hannah
Apr 22, 2006 06:41
  • HANNAHKING
I am Hannah,maybe I could help you.

My email address is:yahoo.com.cn|jiajjking
Apr 27, 2006 04:17
  • MONICAA
I got a friend who is from Urumqi and can speak good english and Mandiran as well. She can help you at that time. Urumqi is her hometown I think she is your best choise.

Please contact with her:163.com|parvase
Mar 5, 2011 03:29
GUESTMATTHEW
Matthew Post
5900 Canterbury Drive #B116
Culver City, CA 90230

707 362-6900
February 7, 2011

Uyghur Guide and Carpet Exporter ,
I have been acquainted with Ablimit Ghopor for over ten years. When we met in Kashgar, Xinjiang, China in the year 2000, it was winter time, and Ablimit (also known as Elvis) had very little business and much time on his hands, so for about two weeks, I became the beneficiary of his excellent tour guiding skills in and around Kashgar, as well as as his superb mastery of the English language.
And not only is he familiar with the Kashgar area, but also Urumqi and its environs, as well as the road to the Khunjerab pass, including Tashkurgan, Lake Karakul, and all the other ethnic areas in that region, such as the Kyrgyz, Khasak, and Tajik. And as if this weren't enough, he is also very familiar with the Southern Silk Road, and the communities such as Khotan, and all of the silk-making regions of western Xinjiang.
In addition to his fluency in English, and his vast knowledge of the whole region of western Xinjiang, Elvis also possesses an incredible familiarity with all things silk: he knows how it is made, where the best silk may be obtained, and can be of great help to those tourists who come to Xinjiang especially to buy silk. He can help them not to be swindled, and can help them get what they want at a good, reasonable price.
So, what else can I say about my good friend Elvis? I can speak of his honest character and his sincere desire to be the most helpful guide and translator that he can be. His word is his bond; it is like gold, and you can take it to the bank. Whatever he says, one can count on it being done; whatever time he tells you he will come to get you, you can set your watch by it, no ifs, ands, or buts.
So, whatever is your wish in Xinjiang, from a camel ride in the desert to a tour of the old bazaar, from a campsite by Lake Karakul, to a silk carpet of the finest workmanship, you may count on my good friend Ablimit Ghopor. And if you should have any questions, please feel free to call or write him.
Mobile:13899136195
Email: yahoo.com|elvisablimit
www.elvisablimit.jozan.net
Sincely,
Matthew Post

Mar 5, 2011 03:44
GUESTNEIL Best Guide in Kashgar

If you're an English-speaking traveler heading out to Kashgar (Kashi), make absolutely certain you contact Elvis. He'll make your trip very worthwhile.

Before arriving in Xinjiang, I contacted Elvis by email. He immediately called me with a cheery "hello." Until we arrived in Kashgar, he was available to answer our questions about the region and helped ease our anxieties about traveling through this new land.

Our trip to Kashgar was a success in large part to Elvis. He guided us through less-traveled paths in the Old City, visiting old craftsmen and markets. The highlights of our tour were the visits to the old chai hannas (traditional teahouses). Sitting in the smokey old cafes, shoes off and cross-legged on a crickety wooden bench, we shared fresh hot tea and toasty girde naan bread (think central asian bagels) with a crowd of old Uighur men. We felt alien and out of place, but wonderfully grateful to catch a glimpse into this seemingly secret hideaway. Diversions such as this were unforgettable. And in case you prefer a Western cafe with fine coffee, breakfast, pizza and burgers, Elvis frequents a few of these as well. He's also a local carpet expert and can help you at the markets. He has a full collection that are also available for sale on his website.

In addition to sharing the sights, smells and sounds of his hometown, Elvis also does his best to help travelers interact with local teachers and students. I never thought I'd make so many local friends. This cultural exchange was the highlight of my trip and I am honored to have made their acquaintances.

Whatever season, Elvis can help. He is a tour guide, local carpet expert and great friend. He can also help you book drivers and trips. His tireless efforts and enthusiasm will open up a side of Kashgar that might convince you it is the best place to visit in Xinjiang, as it did me. Thanks Elvis!
Mobile: 13899136195
Email:yahoo.com|elvisablimit
www.elvisablimit.jozan.net

Mar 5, 2011 03:54
GUESTNEIL
Kashgar tour guide/interpreter/ personal assistant

If you're an English-speaking traveler heading out to Kashgar (Kashi), make absolutely certain you contact Elvis. He'll make your trip very worthwhile.

Before arriving in Xinjiang, I contacted Elvis by email. He immediately called me with a cheery "hello." Until we arrived in Kashgar, he was available to answer our questions about the region and helped ease our anxieties about traveling through this new land.

Our trip to Kashgar was a success in large part to Elvis. He guided us through less-traveled paths in the Old City, visiting old craftsmen and markets. The highlights of our tour were the visits to the old chai hannas (traditional teahouses). Sitting in the smokey old cafes, shoes off and cross-legged on a crickety wooden bench, we shared fresh hot tea and toasty girde naan bread (think central asian bagels) with a crowd of old Uighur men. We felt alien and out of place, but wonderfully grateful to catch a glimpse into this seemingly secret hideaway. Diversions such as this were unforgettable. And in case you prefer a Western cafe with fine coffee, breakfast, pizza and burgers, Elvis frequents a few of these as well. He's also a local carpet expert and can help you at the markets. He has a full collection that are also available for sale on his website.

In addition to sharing the sights, smells and sounds of his hometown, Elvis also does his best to help travelers interact with local teachers and students. I never thought I'd make so many local friends. This cultural exchange was the highlight of my trip and I am honored to have made their acquaintances.

Whatever season, Elvis can help. He is a tour guide, local carpet expert and great friend. He can also help you book drivers and trips. His tireless efforts and enthusiasm will open up a side of Kashgar that might convince you it is the best place to visit in Xinjiang, as it did me. Thanks Elvis!

Contact him here: yahoo.com|elvisablimit or China mobile: 13899136195
http://www.elvisablimit.jozan.net

Jun 22, 2011 14:32
  • EDENO
Hey, I am Uyghur, from Kashgar, educated in Beijing, and I am fluent both in English and Chinese, I may your best option, pls contact me via Email:gmail.com|azablik
Post a Reply to: Uighur Guide/translator needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code