Menu
Entering Lhasa (Tibet) from Xian
Sep 3, 2004 07:56
  • GEMINTIER
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the proper permits to enter Lhasa from a tour agency in Xian. I know there is one flight a week on Monday and that works for us. will stay for 3 days and exit to ChengDu on way to Guilin. If this can be done please let me know the agency's name and location. Can these arrangements be made in Beijing as well?

Thanks
Sep 3, 2004 08:44
  • ANTHEA
The flight from Xi'an to Lhasa runs on every Friday, not Monday. While there are daily flights of Lhasa/ Chengdu.

If you want to find an agency, I'll send you a message for that, coz I don't want to advertise any tour agency here in the forum :)
Sep 3, 2004 12:47
  • GEMINTIER
Why is it that when I look at flights from Xian to Lhasa on Flychina.com, it shows flights on both Monday and Friday? Are there flights on Monday?
Sep 3, 2004 13:37
  • ANTHEA
I presume their flight timetable are the last year's. The latest flight schedule has been carried out from April 1.
Till October 31, the flights of Xi'an/Lhasa will be only run on every Friday.
Apr 14, 2005 15:42
  • CHOWPOW99
hello,

i was also interested in going to lhasa from xi'an. you mentioned that you know of a travel agency that can do this? could you please send me the information? thanks so much.

cheers,
michael
Apr 14, 2005 21:01
  • GEMINTIER
Be glad to help out. The travel guide we used for Tibet and other places as well in China was :

Yin Shuo
Beyond Travel of Scitech and Yamei
Beijing Office Regent China Tours
Tel ++86 10 84085266
Fax ++86 10 84085299
public3.bta.net.cn|yinshuo

We very seldom use travel agents np matter where we travel in the world, but were very glad to have made his aquantance and used his services. He also loves to eat and knows many great restaurants we probably would never have found.

Gary
Post a Reply to: Entering Lhasa (Tibet) from Xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code