Menu
Shanghai airport to Suzhou by taxi
Apr 20, 2006 15:21
  • KATHYLIZ
Hello,
This will be my first trip to China and my primary destination is Suzhou. I will be flying into Shanghai and I wonder if it is practicable to take a taxi from the airport directly to Suzhou, saving a stay in Shanghai for the end of my stay prior to departure. Can anyone kindly advise me if this seems to be a feasible plan and what the approximate travel time and cost by taxi would be from Shanghai to Suzhou?
Thanks very much.
Kathyliz
Apr 20, 2006 19:28
  • RITA
Hi Kathy,

Yes, it's feasible to take a taxi to Suzhou directly from Pudong airport. I never tried traveling that way, but I think it takes less than one hour.
Apr 20, 2006 19:37
  • PINETREE
Have travelled by taxi to Suzhou from SH city centre. It took me slightly over an hour. From Pudong airport, it should be slightly nearer I think.
Apr 20, 2006 19:50
  • CALIFORNIA
I have no experience of taking a taxi from Pudong airport to the city Suzhou,but I had took a taxi from Tongli(a small water town in Suzhou) to the airport,it cost 1 hour.

Good luck!
Apr 26, 2006 07:13
  • ELLYSE
Yes, it's possible. It actually takes longer from Pudong airport than from downtown Shanghai to get to Suzhou though. When are you arriving? Drop me a message if you'd like me to recommend my regular cabbie. :)
Dec 29, 2011 04:40
GUEST28245 Hiii, This is sunny, I'll b arriving to shanghai on 5th of jan at 8 pm.with all the customs ,baggage claim ,it probably takes another 1 andhalf hour. SO, Need to
get to suzhou at 10 pm. advice please.. as far as i know, i got only 2 options
1.by train 2. by private taxi. Best idea is by train,but do u guys think i can get the train ticket on spot ?
Dec 29, 2011 21:29
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST28245 View Post

Hiii, This is sunny, I'll b arriving to shanghai on 5th of jan at 8 pm.with all the customs ,baggage claim ,it probably takes another 1 andhalf hour. SO, Need to
get to suzhou at 10 pm. advice please.. as far as i know, i got only 2 options
1.by train 2. by private taxi. Best idea is by train,but do u guys think i can get ...

It's impossible. You arrive at 8:00 pm and spend 1.5 hours clearing the customs. You can not get to Suzhou in 30 minutes. If you take the train, you need to take airport shuttle bus line 5 to Shanghai Railway Station. It takes about 70 minutes. Then you can buy train ticket to Suzhou.

I guess you may not get the ticket on spot because of the Spring Festival Travel Rush.

If you hire a taxi, you will spend 500-600 rmb. I am not sure if they will charge you more during this time.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai airport to Suzhou by taxi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code