Menu
travel with kiuds to Kunming
Apr 23, 2006 18:28
  • RAPETERSON
My wife and I are planning a trip to visit a friend in mid July from Bejing. Duration 1 1/2 weeks. We have a 1 and 4 year old son

1) is there any kind of reptable child care ( with excallent references)? If so, how much is average costs for one day.

2) is there any baby rental services such as high chair, crib,etc..?

3) what are good day trips around Kunming?

4)what is most effiecient travel method from Bejing? air or train? If air what is best airline?

Thank you

RP
Apr 23, 2006 23:50
  • PINETREE
1. Can't help you.
2. Don't think there are any babies for rental in China. High chairs & cribs - probably not readily avail. But maybe Kunming's members can help.
3. Kunming is a relatively small city but there are quite a few tourist spots to go or just laze around basked in its cool weather.
4. Beijing to Kunming is damned far. Would suggest by air. Not much choice of airlines for domestic travel. China's domestic air travel safety records over last 10 years now good.
Apr 24, 2006 00:17
  • ROGERINCA
Most definitely agree !! If you have these small children and if you have the budget for it, I would [fly] and not go by train !! The train will take you a day and a half or more, and the plane only about three hours !! The Chinese airlines are very safe and efficient and utilize modern equipment. Also, I have read in the past other travel commentaries about Kunming. You might check the ‘search’ tab on the forum, or the city tab for Kunming.

Apr 24, 2006 00:27
Dear Rapeeterson,
You could have saved yourself a lot of time if you just did what these people said before asking for help. Next time try googling and you should get more information than you ever had befor3e.

Apr 24, 2006 00:37
  • PINETREE
Good advice, SierraSprings.
Jun 9, 2006 14:33
  • KMLOVER
I will be in Kunming from June 25th to August 30th,and I was born in Kunming and have live in Kunming for more than 20 years.(Now I am studying in Peking University in Beijing) I think I can help you if you wish.
Jun 12, 2006 22:46
  • ETHNICEAST
does it sounds like you want to come to kunming and dont want to have to look after your children? maybe you can leave them in beijing with some excellent and reputable friends or services or expat families, and just come by with your wife for a short trip? after all your children wont know the difference between kmg and beijing.

Post a Reply to: travel with kiuds to Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code