Menu
Where to shop and eat cheaply in Shanghai?
Sep 6, 2004 18:55
  • AVERSONNE
Hi guys, I will be heading over to Shanghai for 4 or 5 days with a couple of female friends. Would appreciate some advice on the following questions, on where to eat and shop :)

1) Where and what to eat? (good restaurants, road side stalls, eating streets)
2) Where to shop? (cheap stalls, trinkets, night markets, fake branded clothes etc)
3) Where to tailor clothes? thinking of tailoring a cheongsam
4) what are the must see or visit places? must try foods?
5) Which hotel would you recommend for 4 ladies? some safe, 4 star hotel, clean, safe, good location (near shopping & eating places with convenient transport)

thanks! a lot of questions :D
Sep 7, 2004 09:43
  • BILLIE
Click http://community.travelchinaguide.com/d_tip.asp?d=52 and you will find most of what you want, waht to see, waht to eat, and where to shop.
Sep 8, 2004 19:39
  • DANIELLEECE
To be more informative,I suggest you go to Chenghuang Temple where has the most typical Chinese food and clothing with rather low prices and good quality. Being a foreigner, you will find it's the most interesting places you have traveled. Fantastic Chinese culture with alive performance,unforgetable dumpling with nice noodle.Beautiful gold buddha and necklace. If you want further details,please mail me at yahoo.com.cn|daniellecn I will help if i could.
Nov 28, 2004 01:22
  • SCOTT4STER
Shanghai Normal University on Gui Lin Lu has a guest house which has a nice breakfast for 5 and a dinner and lunch for 10 rmb
Dec 9, 2004 10:31
  • DAISY
Though Nanjing Pedestrian Only Street is famous, to most Shanghai youth, Huaihai Rd is their favourite for the good merchandise and price. And in Xiangyang Rd, you will buy some famous brand bags.
Dec 21, 2004 10:22
  • BONITA
At the intersection of Huaihai Zhong Lu and Xiangyang Lu, Xuhui (between the Shaanxi Nan Lu and Changshu Lu Metro stations), you'll find Shanghai's version of Beijing's famous Silk Alley--and a real find. The starting price is noticeably lower here. The Western-branded merchandise, such as jeans, shirts, coats, shoes, handbags, sells for a fraction of retail.

And do check every button and stitch--there are no returns here.
Post a Reply to: Where to shop and eat cheaply in Shanghai?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code