Menu
travel shanghai to chengdu
Apr 28, 2006 05:34
  • PYTHAG
after landing at pudong airport i want to get bus straight to main bus station shanghai...then start a series of short bus journeys to cheng du
1 name of the main bus station

2 can i but ticket immmediately

3 which town shall i aim for first day travel

thank you
Apr 28, 2006 06:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Pythagoras,

Sounds like a great journey you are embarking on. I usually like to travel about 4 to 6 hours by bus per day. Can I suggest that you have a look at a map of China and think about which way you would like to go. ie follow the Yangtze or go a bit further north or even south.

You can generally buy your tickets on the day. I've never been able to buy them in advance or book for that matter. Bus tickets for morning departure are usually much easier to buy than the train tickets. The Bus station will depend somewhat on your destination as there are generally many long distance bus stations in any given city in China. Try the Hengfeng Lu Station (across from Hanzhong Rd Metro) for departures to Hangzhou 2.5 hrs, Suzhou 1.5hrs, Nanjing 4hrs.

Other stations include one near Shanghai Train station Cnr Hutai Lu and Zhongshan Beilu or the Western district station on 211 Hongqiao Lu (just west Xujiahui metro station) which is where I caught a bus to Wuxi 2hrs.

Buses also leave from the parking lot outside the Domestic arrivals hall at Hongqiao Airport for destinations like Suzhou, Wuxi, Hangzhou and Nanjing

Much of course depends on how long you will spend on the road and what you would like to see on the way. give us a little more information and I'm sure you'll get some more useful suggestions.

Apr 28, 2006 20:27
  • CALIFORNIA
From Shanghai to Chengdu,by bus???So long trip!!!

Why don't you choose train???
Apr 29, 2006 21:01
  • MAY001
Yes, I agree with California. It's a long journey from Shanghai to Chengdu. I think the best way is take a flight. Not expensive, but saving time.
Apr 30, 2006 05:04
  • PYTHAG
thank again very grateful
Post a Reply to: travel shanghai to chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code