Menu
travel advice needed
Apr 28, 2006 06:49
  • CATHARINE
Hi, I'm planning to go to China in September, flying out of Hong Kong, and I'll be travelling from Vietnam. I have about 2 weeks to see as much as I can. I was planning to fly to Beijing and start my travels there and would really appreciate it if you could let me know what I should definitely see / avoid, where to go etc. I was planning to travel by train (www.seat61.com makes this look v. achievable). Can someone help? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks very much

Catharine
Apr 28, 2006 06:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Catharine,
While trains go to most of the major centres in China you may find the need to travel by bus to some places. If you only have two weeks to see as much as you can then if your budget allows consider flying. Many of the tickets can be purchased for much less than the quoted prices.
Apr 28, 2006 20:33
  • CALIFORNIA
You can choose the essential cities of China in your two weeks,like Beijing,Xi'an,Guilin......

Yes,if you want to see as much as possible,please consider by air.

Good luck and welcome!
Apr 29, 2006 21:03
  • MAY001
Two weeks is not enough for a through trip. So you can choose some Must-see cities and attractions. What kind of places do you prefer? Historical of natural?
Apr 30, 2006 02:48
  • CONNY129
Xi'an is steaming hot now , and the temperature will raise day by day :( I advise you fly to Guilin , the mild temperature and stunning landscape won't disappoint you
May 8, 2006 07:01
  • CATHARINE
Just want to say thanks to everyone who replied - really appreciate it and can't wait for my trip!

Catharine
May 9, 2006 04:07
  • CONNY129
September is another good season for travelling ,at that time ,Xi'an won't be as hot as summer , Terra Warrior is a must see place in Xian even in China without exaggerated ,don't miss it on your travel list :)
Post a Reply to: travel advice needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code