Menu
New Generation Kids
Apr 29, 2006 00:40
  • DREAMCATCHER
Somehow we feel that today's children are born smarter that our Generation or the previous Generations.

They learn things faster and are more technologically inclined and IT savvy. Sometimes it makes the parents look stupid for not knowing how to operate the computer, PDA or the latest mobile phones!!

Ha!what will the next generation kids be liked?
Apr 29, 2006 00:46
  • RITA
PDA you mean "Personal Digital Assistant" or "Public Display of Affection"? :-)
Apr 29, 2006 00:59
  • DREAMCATCHER
Gosh!! I have not thought about it. Kids won't understand adults PDA. One things that most people hate is that teenagers are showing PDA in many public places. Sometimes I just don't know where to look when I come across such actions in the trains. You look left, right or centre and you see them in action. Close my eyes?
Apr 29, 2006 01:08
  • MAY001
Most of the kids are influenced by Western movies, I think. They believe it is cool~~
Apr 29, 2006 01:14
  • RITA
Dream,

Walking in the street with you eyes closed? That's too dangerous! I think you will have to bear the teenagers PDA show, at least it's not fatal:-)

Sorry, let's get back to your thread. I agree human beings are becoming smarter and smarter (even more and more beautiful, do you agree??), natural selection ,right? But we have to take it easy when we realize that we are less smart than our kids or our lower generation. But when they grow older, they will just suffer the same feeling as we are going through now.

But another concern is that the opportunities to have full contacts with machines or electronic tools are much more than we do. It's bad for health. Poor kids.
Apr 29, 2006 01:55
  • PINETREE
Smarter people have the tendency to be "bad" or differentas they find conventionals not challenging enough.
Apr 29, 2006 07:55
  • YEMMIE
Hi Dreamcatcher, Hi Everyone,

I don't believe today's kids are smarter than we were/are. I believe they are exposed to more modern technology earlier so they learn how to use it better and sooner. But if you ask them to explain the scientific principles behind this wonderful technology, many, if not most cannot. At least, that is how it is in my country. Maybe it is not so in China. But, in America, if you ask young people questions about the history of their own country, let alone the world, they are quite ignorant. They also lack the ability to memorize important information, making it necessary for them to look up almost everything. No, they are not smarter, just more facile with gadgets. I wish we had a broader base of knowledge. I sometimes worry that if something truly catastrophic happened, we would have to start all over because there would not be enough people around with a broad enough base of knowledge to pick up the pieces and continue. And, I include myself in this. I don't know much about this wonderful technological world that I have come to rely on.
Apr 29, 2006 19:42
  • MAY001
Yes, YEMMIE, you are right. Most kids are not interested in Science, History, Geography, Arts, etc.. We can say they are ignorant.
But how about adults? Do adults know everything? Do adults not ignorant? I don't think so. Mostly, we are so ingnorant at our ignorance.
Post a Reply to: New Generation Kids
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code