Menu
Sichuan
Sep 9, 2004 16:17
  • JOANNEL
Am travelling to Leshan in November and have 5 days spare-can anyone tell me about any nature or art tours they have done in the province? Would love to experience local people, local animals and scenery and culture/art. Have been to Mt Emei already- but only on main tourist route-anyone know about local tours through countryside?
Sep 10, 2004 10:26
  • BILLIE
Emei and the Giant Buddha are the great hits to Leshan tourism. Maybe you can take long time in Emei Mountain to lead a peaceful and fresh life for several days.
Or you can spend some days in country.
Sep 11, 2004 02:22
  • TOBYCD
i've been to mt Emei more than 12 times between 1990-1995.and walked a lot different path to the top and backward.felling like in jan or feb it is very exciting when come down from the top, the footstape all become a smooth slide that i have to dig one on the hard solid snow and ice, wow. but i found that after 1994 the snowfall suddenly decrease very fast dunno why, but after 95 i never went Mt Emei again till 03 i accompany my singapore classmate, but we only made half way coz the stress of time. Giant buddha hmmmm, if u not understance chinese very well and u dun have a dedicative religionary translater or u never read any thing about it, all u can see is just some relic,monk,temple and many ppl worship their god, importantly the gaint buddha......it's really big one :p
animals ....... panda, but i guarantee u only can see them in cage, so goo zoo or either the panda breeding facility or Wolong nature reserve.

so.. enjoy urself
Sep 19, 2004 16:20
  • JOANNEL
Thanks for your reply Billie, yes I might just take your advice and spend my 5 days on Mt Emei- I will fnd a guide and do some walking through the forests.
Sep 20, 2004 09:20
  • BILLIE
If you are a foreign teacher in some school, you can find a student or your colleague to be with you to spend these 5 days country life with you. And I don't think a tour guide can offer you such service. A Chinese local friend would be your best choice.
I really hope I have such chance:D
Sep 20, 2004 09:32
  • DAISY
Hi, Joannel!
The time you will visit is about the Autumn or interval to Winter. So do remember to the climate and keep warm.
In autumn, it is spectacular too, with the color on the leaves changing and temperatures a little cooler. Winter too on Emeishan, although VERY cold (often below feezing between October and April), is gorgeous. The light at this time is pretty and the snow forms a beautiful coat over the hillside.
Bear in mind too, that there is no heating in many of the basic hostels on the mountain and, although blankets are provided it can get very chilly!
Sep 24, 2004 22:39
  • JEANNIE123
Joannel:

Not sure if you are planning to travel in this Fall or Winter. I went to Emei twice, more than 15 years ago, one by foot all the way to the top in a summer and the other was in winter when the winter route just opened. We rode shuttle bus up to a point near to the top, Gold Ding, and walked up to the living place. We walked down to some point. It WAS a fun adventure I still remember the beauty of Emei covered by white snow, and the warmth of tea the monks served. If you would like to explore culture and other places in Sichuan, the website, http://tour.newssc.org, might be a place to look at. I was born in Sichan and have been abroad for nearly 10 years. My friend in Sichuan told me about the web site and right now they are holding an promotion activity for travelling in Charming Sichuan.
Hope the information helps on your decision.

Enjoy your trip.

May 2, 2007 07:32
  • JOANNEL
Hi Daisy, are you still online? I am back in China in September travelling down to Yunnan and around for two weeks, then one week back into Leshan. Have you been travelling much lately?
May 2, 2007 13:00
  • GRIZ326
Here is a link to Jeannie's site in English:

http://english.newssc.org/
http://english.newssc.org/tourism/index.shtml
http://english.newssc.org/gourmetfood/index.shtml
http://english.newssc.org/picturesquesichuan/naturalscenery/index.shtml

Hope that helps...
May 8, 2007 03:49
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Joanne,
I've just come back from a six day road trip through Sichuan, last day in Leshan. I'll be posting travel reviews on each of the spots I visited. I would have loved to have spent longer in the Ma er Kang area. This may be of interest to you too as these are home to the minorities who are quite different and still maintain a simple lifestyle so spending time with them would be a really different expereince. Five days on Emei may be just a bit too long unless you plan to climb to the top and back which takes two/three days??? It will be cold so yes be sure to bring your 'long johns' although daytime temperatures can get nicely warm the nights are bitter.

Aug 6, 2007 04:15
  • SIMON82
You went to Zigong city in Sichuan or not? I went to that city and visited the dinosaur museum. It's really great.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Sichuan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code