Menu
Transport from Guangzhou Airport to Train Station
Mar 31, 2004 14:28
  • NANA
Hi there,

I'll be going to Guangzhou. I have two questions here;

1) What is the best way to go from Guangzhou Airport to the train station ?

2) I'm in Brunei at this moment. Is is possible for me to book the train ticket in advance either through the internet or telephone?

Thank you.
Mar 31, 2004 14:29
  • DAISY
Guangzhou Baiyun Airport is not far away from the train station. If you travel alone, it's better for you to take a taxi and you will pay no more than 20 RMB. As for booking the train ticket, if you will live in a hotel in Guangzhou, you could ask the hotel for help. They have this kind of service.
Mar 31, 2004 14:38
  • NANA
Thanks Daisy.

As to the second question, I'll be arriving at Guangzhou at 2.30 pm. I intend to take a night train to Guilin on the same day. Thus, it will be good if I can confirm my train ticket before hand so that I can stick to my plan. So is there any way that I can book my ticket in advance ?
Mar 31, 2004 14:38
  • DAISY
It is very difficult for you to make a telephone booking in advance, since it is the train not the air ticket. The only convenient way is to contact the travel agent and ask them for help. Of course, you must pay some service charge, but it is acceptable.

I have found some infor for you:

K36/K37 Guangzhou-Guilin 18:31-08:20(the next morning)

Hope it helps!
Mar 31, 2004 14:39
  • NANA
Thanks again!
For this trip, I'm going on my own without going through any travel agent. This will be my second trip to China and the first one to this part of China.
Just wonder how is the chance of getting a ticket when I arrive at the train station.

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to the trip.
The beautiful scenery around Yangshuo has facinated me for quite some time.
Mar 31, 2004 14:40
  • DAISY
Have a try! But maybe there is no berth and you could only get a seat. I'm not sure about it. Yangshuo is really fascinating. Enjoy yourself there!
Apr 12, 2004 22:37
  • YAZOO
Concerning the first question : there is a very convenient airport bus running from Guangzhou airport right to the train station. It leaves every 20 minutes or so and the price is only a few kuai (I forgot, maybe 3 RMB or so). A taxi will not take you there much faster, certainly when there is a lot of traffic.
Jul 23, 2008 23:22
GUEST62130 Hi I will be arriving in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport. But my final destination is Dongguan which means I need to travel to the train station. But you confirmed the taxi ride is 20RMB?
Jul 24, 2008 00:01
  • ELLYSE
No, that was the old airport. Guangzhou airport has moved to a much further location from the city. Taxi to town is around 100 RMB.
Why not take the bus directly from Guangzhou airport to Dongguan? What time does your flight arrive? Is it international or domestic?
Feb 17, 2011 04:38
GUEST43172 I am doing same next month bus sounds ok I might try to get my agent to organise my train ticket as the last time did this i was in xian and the queue for tickets was very long it took about 30 minutes are the queues as bad in guangzhou
thanks malcolm (australia)
Post a Reply to: Transport from Guangzhou Airport to Train Station
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code