Menu
Advice on beijing hotels needed
Sep 13, 2004 01:44
  • MACKAYE
Me and 3 friends plan to visit plan Beijing from Dec 27nd - Jan 05th. We?e looking for a 4 to 5star downtown hotel that? affordable (about 80-90$ per room/night). Could anybody give any advice?

On our list are by now the Presidential Palace, the Crown Plaza and the Gloria as well as the Prime hotel.
We plan a 9 day sightseeing/shopping trip so a downtown location (or nearby a subway station) would be fine.

Thanks for any advice!
Sep 13, 2004 10:19
  • BILLIE
Hello, Mackaye!
If compare the three hotels, I would recommend that the Prime would be better, for its good location and ideal price, especially for its Chinese traditional decoration.

But if you want to find a cheaper one comparatively, I would say that Songhe Hotel can be your good choice. Also located at Beijing's business, culture and shopping district-Wangfujing Avenue, with same good facilities, and convenient for transportation, Songhe is a three stars international hotel.

What's more, the time when you will visit Beijing is a shoulder season for hotel, so you can get a cheap price than usual.

Just my opinion, hope can help you:D
Sep 20, 2004 21:39
  • GARDKARLSEN
Hi

My wife and I stayed at Radisson SAS hotel in Beijing. It is not that centrally located but it was very cheap to get around by taxi...and it was also possible to walk 15 minutes to get to a subway station. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my personal homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Post a Reply to: Advice on beijing hotels needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code