Menu
Photos/Communication
May 12, 2006 19:47
  • MOMMYC
My daughter is traveling with a tour to Beijing, Shanghai, and Hangzhou this summer. She would like to be able to periodically unload her digital camera into an internet account as well as communicate with us back home via e-mail. Aside from using the computers/phones available in the hotels, what type of device could she carry along that would accomplish these tasks? A cell phone of some sort?

Thanks in advance! MC
May 13, 2006 10:45
  • LOVECHINA2
Went I go to China I buy a calling card from Ecallchina.com
The "Two Way" calling card is not to bad..good connection and easy to use:)
May 15, 2006 09:05
  • JABAROOTOO
While travelling around, I usually unload my camera card to a CD (cost Y5/10)which can then be carried easily until arriving home.
Internet cafe's will allow you to downdoad to email but these are not always very fast so may not be very practical for sending bulk high resolution photos. Take the camera to computer cord. Photo shops will use a card reader. Always check that the photos are on the CD before you delete from the card.

A cell phone may be useful for calling home if it is set up for 'international roam' but may be expensive. There are cards that can be purchaced that give quite cheap phone access but you need a landline. Not sure if they can be used in hotels but they can be used at public phones on the street. Otherwise email is great.
Jun 6, 2006 22:59
  • MOMMYC
Thanks for the ideas - calling card seems to be the best way to go...I think the hotels have payphones (these are "3-star" hotels). And unloading to a CD seems like a good choice as well.

Thanks! MC
Post a Reply to: Photos/Communication
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code