Menu
travel plan help
May 13, 2006 08:11
  • NFUNTERA
I'm in the process of planning my first trip to china in october. I will be travelling for a period of 20 days and would like to limit my travels to the northern area due to lack of time and long distances. I will be looking at flying into shanghai then travelling to beijing, Xian and back to shanghai. Can anyone give me some ideas on other cities I may be able to visit. Don't want to miss out amazing sites which I may pass on my journey. Is is worth also travelling to changsha? or is it a similar experience to the cities i am already visiting. Also what are the train systems like in terms of cost time comfort?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nic
May 18, 2006 03:52
  • ELLYSE
What are you more interested in seeing/doing/experiencing on this trip?
Recommendation: Shanghai (2 days) -- Xitang (a water village; 1 day) -- Hangzhou (2 days) -- Kaifeng/Luoyang (1.5 days) -- Xi'an (2.5 days) -- Pingyao (1.5 days) -- Beijing (5 days) -- Nanjing (2 days) -- Suzhou (1.5 days) -- Shanghai (1 day)
I highly recommend trains (especially overnight ones) as a mode of transport around China. I've found them to be generally the most time/cost/comfort-efficient.
Post a Reply to: travel plan help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code