Menu
good price for digital camera lens in China?
Sep 13, 2004 23:08
  • FILIP
Hi folks,

I live in Antwerp, Belgium and seven weeks from now, I'm going to travel across China for some time. I have a digital camera to take lots of nice pictures :-), but for this trip I'm still looking for a seperate zoomlens.
Some friends told me that I should wait to buy it because of the interesting deals you can make in China (Shanghai, Beijing, ...) for things like cameras, lenses, etc.
However, I also heard that recently HongKong is the only place where you can find these things at cheap price.
Does anyone have an idea on what is the best thing to do: buy the lens in Europe, or buy it in China?

Thanks a lot!!!!
Sep 14, 2004 03:22
  • RACHEL123
I live in Shenzhen.As far as I know,It's cheaper to buy lens in Hongkong than in the mainland.But I ever see some foreign guy bought lens in shenzhen,maybe it's cheaper than Europe:)
Sep 14, 2004 03:29
  • RACHEL123
By the way,if you want to buy it in China,you'd better find a native person with you:)
Sep 14, 2004 09:25
  • DAISY
Hi, Folk!
Generally speaking, price of the electronic production in China is much cheaper than the one in Europe. And each city has its special markets for selling the electronic products, where you can get what you want with a ideal price if you are an expert in bargaining.

Also you can get some tips from the post below:

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum_search_2.asp?pp=1&i=2077

Sep 15, 2004 10:26
  • MARLBORO
Filip, if u are looking for peripheral with good brands, i would advise you to get it in HK (in Mongkok area).

In China, anything that is imported, it would be expensive.

Beside, there are plenty of fake or re-conditioned stuffs are sold as new/original, get what i mean ?
Sep 15, 2004 10:47
  • LEON
I think you can buy it in China, although it's a little cheaper in Hong Kong, it will take you more time if you go to HK just for a lens unless you would pass by. I agree with RACHEL123, you'd better find a native person with you if you do it in China.
Sep 15, 2004 10:57
  • DAISY
Though the some electronic product price is much cheaper than the ones in China mainland, I still don't like to buy there. Because from some shopping experience from my father (though I haven't been to Hong Kong at all)and other friends that you can easily be cheated with the fake or some worse products with high price.

So if you want to buy something in Hong Kong, especially for some electronic products, you must be very cautious, never believe and be influenced by what other said.
Post a Reply to: good price for digital camera lens in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code