Menu
travel to beijing on 3rd week of october
Sep 15, 2004 10:17
  • PRONGS
im planning to travel to beijing on the 3rd week of october maybe for 4 days excluding train or plane trips. here are my worries
1. HOTEL/HOSTEL safety > can you suggest any more place which is safe, cheap and nice surrounding beside the 2 below. Are the 2 below, good one?
a. SONGHE HOTEL
b. HENGYE HOTEL

2. travel agency > they say many travel agency makes way around stores/shops as part of the trip. i dont want that. do you know any travel agency which can help us enjoy much of the scene in beijing than shopping?

3. Great Wall > can i get a one day tour just in the great wall alone not just in one place such us just in Badaling? Do i really need to go by travel agency to go to different spots of the wall? im a foreigner who speaks little mandarin.
where is the best spot of the wall?

4. Where else to go in Beijing? Im not into nightlife, but i love shopping for gifts for friends back home.

5. How much to watch the opera?

Thanks for you help in advance!

prongs (:
Sep 16, 2004 10:51
  • ANNA
Among 3 stars hotels in Beijing, Songhe can be ranked as the best one with cheap price, comfortable facilities inside, and nice & convenient surroundings. It is an international 3-star hotel, experienced in hosting Western guests.

It is located in Wangfujing in downtown Beijing. It is within walking distance to the China Art Gallery, Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.

30-minutes by car from Beijing International Airport

5-minutes by car from Beijing Railway Station

10-minutes walking to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
Post a Reply to: travel to beijing on 3rd week of october
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code