Menu
Xi'an airport shuttle bus
May 27, 2006 07:31
  • JABAROOTOO
I'll be visiting Xi'an again this summer and just need to confirm the airport shuttle. I'll be arriving by overnight train but meeting a friend who is flying in late in the afternoon.

I wish to give her clear instructions on taking the bus to downtown where I will meet her ( This is her first trip to China in more that 20 years).

I understand that Line 1 stops at the Melody Hotel near the Bell Tower and the cost is now Y25.

Can anyone confirm this for me.

Any suggestions on a good hostel offering twin share with bathroom around Y150 per night or less that is close to the Bell Tower or other central location. Something with some character would be good.

Thanks
May 27, 2006 07:44
  • HARALD
Hi,
the bus is still going for 25 RMB from the airport to the melody hotel. Your frind will find the bus right outside the airport terminal. The staff speaks somewhat english, but when the name "melody hotel" is mentioned, they will understand that for sure. Regarding a hostel, I find the hostel at the south gate has some caracter. I live in Xi'an and therfore have not slept there. But I am in their bar once in a while. The name is "shuyuan international youth hostel", tel. #: 029-7287720. Maybe somebody els knows more about the rooms.
Harald
Jun 6, 2006 20:01
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear Jabarootoo,

The Bell Tower Youth Hostel may provide what you want. The Bell Tower Youth Hostel just stands beside the Belll Tower, near the Melody Hotel. But it's not easy to find it. You can find the China Post first. Then go to east for a second, you can find the hostel.

What's more, you can try this official website of YHA in China:
http://www.yhachina.com/index1.html

Good luck!
Siva
Jun 7, 2006 20:28
  • CONNY129
if you need I can take some photos of these two hostels on weekend for you :)
Jun 14, 2006 21:24
  • ALICELEE
Hello:

I'm a local in xi'an. and I think maybe the Bell Tower Youth hostl is better. It is easy to find your friend.
The route from th melody hotle to the hostle:

1, come to the direction of bell tower.

2. IN front of the bell tower hotel there is a entrance of underpass. pass throuth the circular road inside. come out of the northeast exit.

3. in the left side of the post office, there is door maked with city spring hotel in green colour . Also you will find a mark of youth hostle up the building.

4. in the 3rd floor,is the youth hostle. a lot of international back packers living there.
Jun 15, 2006 07:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks for your help on finding these places. I have the addresses and a good map so should be OK.

Conny are these photos inside shots of rooms etc?????

We're just looking for something economical and clean and preferably something with character close to the city wall and most other attractions.
Last time we stayed out of town with my mothers friend which was great but we tended not to get to town too early and then we were not around in the evenings either so we missed a bit of the action.

Jun 15, 2006 07:06
  • PINETREE
Jab, take a look at this website which I discovered just recently. It is quite comprehensive and the Bell Tower Youth Hostel is in there + many others.

/www.hostelworld.com/countries/chinahostels.html?source=googleadwordscountry
Oct 15, 2008 00:33
GUEST97247 Hello there
Can any one tell me the way from Xianyang International Airport to sheraton Xian Hotel by shuttle bus or taxi and how about the price ?
Thanks
TSCheng
Oct 25, 2008 21:48
  • ELLYSE
The airport is roughly 31 km to the hotel. Probably around 150 RMB by taxi.
Apr 19, 2009 14:20
GUESTTRAVELGUY great good looking forum , glad i found it will check back a little later to read up on some good topics.
Sep 28, 2009 23:18
GUEST65928 Hi,

Is the Melody Hotel near Renmin Square. How far to walk if my hotel is at Renmin Square? If not how much by taxi?

Thank you.

Raymond
Singapore
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Xi'an airport shuttle bus
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code