Menu
Has anybody been to Qinhuangdao ?
May 28, 2006 23:13
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi everyone

I'm in the middle of looking for somewhere new to live and work in China. I want to stay around the NE but be near the sea. Qingdao is my dream destination but...

...this morning I've been offered a job in Qinhuangdao. I know nothing about the place and there doesn't seem to be much information about it on the internet. I will do some research of course, but wondered if anyone here might also be able to help.

Has anyone been there ? Does anyone know anything about this city and/or its surroundings ?

Thanks in advance, lemoncactus :)

May 29, 2006 01:00
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,my dear friend,

I have been to there!

It is 1.5 hours from my hometown,and 2.5 hours from Beijing.

It is named by the first emperor Qinshihuang,the only one named like this in China.

Yes,it is a seaside city,and Beidaihe and Nandaihe are both famous in the north.The most important and famous place is Shanhaiguan,the head of Great Wall.

But the downtown of the city was common,not very specail like Dalian or Qingdao.But it is ok!

Good luck!
May 29, 2006 06:21
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Lemoncactus,

I passed thru there to catch a bus back to Beijing. Nothing too inspiring but then what can you glean in an hour or so. It's a small coastal city about thirty minutes from Shanhaiguan where we had been to visit 'Lao Long Tou' 'Old Dragon Head' which is the end of the Great Wall and a very interesting place. If you don't mind small towns I think it would be a great place to be based and it really isn't too far from Beijing. Just a few hours on a good freeway all the way.

Take a trip down there this summer before signing up and see what you think.
May 30, 2006 01:39
  • LEMONCACTUS
Thanks Cali & Jabarootoo...

Good idea Jabarootoo, definitely take a trip over there one weekend I think!
May 13, 2007 07:10
  • MOOG
I have a little problem. Is there any differents between Quingdao, Qingdao and Quinhuangdao?

Thanks for your answers
May 13, 2007 20:43
  • CALIFORNIA
I don't know where is Quing Dao,but Qingdao is a city of Shandong Province,and Qinhuangdao belongs to Hebei.
May 13, 2007 21:52
  • MAY001
Must be Qingdao. Wrong spelling
May 17, 2007 18:53
  • MOOG
I will come with all my family (my husband and 2 girls 3 ans 10 yeans old) in a town named Qinhuangdao wich is at the seaside and at the begining of the Great Wall.
We are french and we would like to find a school for each of my girls, I would like to learn chineese.
We will arrive in october. I will be hapy to meet nice people.
May 22, 2007 17:05
  • STOMATOPODS
I'm thinking about visiting around the same time. It has been 11 years since the last time I visited QHD. I actually want to buy a condo there, perhaps something with Ocean view. Any idea how much that would cost?
May 31, 2007 01:52
  • LEWUSA
I'm very happy to give you a help to china.I work in the municipal government.If you need me help please contact with me.
May 31, 2007 02:14
  • LEWUSA
my email is gmail.com|lewusa,yahoo messenger is lqk98
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Has anybody been to Qinhuangdao ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code