Menu
In Shanghai for the F1 this weekend
Sep 20, 2004 10:32
  • LOVETOTRAVEL
Hi all,
I'm going to be in Shanghai for 5 days from this thursday night, **not mainly** to see the Formula one races. It's my 2nd trip and I would like to ask if it would be worth going on day-trips to Suzhou and Hangzhou? i heard they are beautiful...
Sep 20, 2004 13:46
  • ANTHEA
Suzhou and Hnagzhou are definitely worth your visit :)

Sep 21, 2004 11:01
  • BILLIE
If you have time, you can visit Hangzhou, Suzhou and Zhouzhuang.
From Shanghai take the soft seat train to Hangzhou (RMB47, and 2-3 hours). There enjoy the West Lake, the Traditional Chinese Medicine Museum, the Lingyin Temple and the Six Harmonies Pagoda.

Take train to Wuxi (RMB62, and about 3 hours and a half). Visit the Tiger Hill, Humble Administrator's Garden and the Garden of the Master of the Nets. Suzhou is the famous "Oriental Venice" for its loquacious stream and many lovely bridges.

And back to Shanghai by the soft seat train with RMB22, and would only take about 1 hour.
Sep 21, 2004 11:12
  • CHRIS
Zhouzhuang is a mustsee during your tour in Suzhou.
Twin Bridges is a famous sight. It which comprise Shide Bridge and Yongan Bridge are the most famous and is considered the symbol of Zhouzhuang. Twin Bridges is in the northeast of the town. Shide Bridge is east-west and has a round arch, while Yongan Bridge is north-south and the bridge arch is square. Crossing the two crisscross rivers (Yinzi Creek and Nabeishi River) and connecting at the middle, Twin Bridges look like a Chinese old-style Chinese key.

Take car to Zhouzhuang, the No. 1 Water County of China. Visit the Hall of Shen's residence, the Milou Tower and the Chengxu Taoist Temple

Sep 23, 2004 20:58
  • LESAIGNEUR
FORZA FERRARI !!!!

Sorry i'm a fan..... ^_^

Sep 24, 2004 09:03
  • BILLIE
The distinctive circuit, which in sheer size will overshadow every other circuit in the World Championship, incorporates 14 wide-ranging corners - an equal blend of left- and right-handers that combine to form a 5.45-kilometre (3.39- mile) lap. Viewed from overhead, the circuit's shape is redolent of the Chinese symbol "Shang", which translates as "high" or "above". According to computer simulations, current-generation Formula One cars will lap the track in about 1m 34s at an average speed close to 205 km/h (127.4 mph). On the longest, 1175-metre straight, which links Turns 13 and 14, cars should reach a maximum speed of 327 km/h (203mph).

Post a Reply to: In Shanghai for the F1 this weekend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code