Menu
Travel to XinJiang from Chengdu - info required
Sep 20, 2004 13:12
  • GBTAN
Hi, I am going to visit XinJiang on this coming November.Will spend 3 weeks there . I will fly to Chengdu and total 3 of us. before entering XinJiang we will spend sometime along the way (via bus or train) to XinJiang.
I am looking for train/flight/bus schedule/route to XInJiang and also the estimate price for it.
also looking for some good recommendation of place to visit along the way to XinJiang and within XInJiang.
Hope to hear some advise from someone.

Many thanks and best regards.
Sep 21, 2004 10:27
  • BILLIE
Hi, Gbtan!
Does that mean that you will visit Xinjiang Province from Chengdu?
Here is my suggestion, but I add Dunhuang which would make your Silk Road tour perfectly.

First, take flight from Chengdu to Dunhuang (Airfare is around RMB1380 at most). Visit the Echoing-sand Dune, the Crescent Lake, the Mogao Grottoes and the Dunhuang Museum.

And then take the overnight train to Turpan from Dunhuang (which would take you about 9 hours and a half, and you can check out the price at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/index.htm with entering Dunhuang as the leaving spot, and Turpan as the arriving destination). In Turpan you can visit Jiaohe Ruins, the Karez Well, the Sugong Pagoda, the Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Caves, the Gaochang Ruins and the Flaming Hill.

Take car to Urumqi. Take a full day tour to the Heavenly Lake. Visit the Southern Pasture, Flaming Hill, Red Hill and the Xinjiang Museum.

Then take flight to Kashgar. Visit the Bazaar, the Id Kah Mosque and the Abakh Khoja Tomb.

Hope what I said can really give you a help:D
Post a Reply to: Travel to XinJiang from Chengdu - info required
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code