Menu
Chinese study in Beijing
Sep 21, 2004 15:52
  • PHILLIP
I'd like to get a testimonial from a recent graduate or current student of one of Beijing University's (Bei Da) short-term chinese language courses. I have all the info on paper but something from the horse's mouth would be better. So, if you know anyone studying there who wouldn't mind sending me their feedback, it would help me a lot. I'm planning on studying in Beijing next year. In fact, if anyone has taken a 6-month to 2-year Chinese language course at any university in China and can reccomend it, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.
Sep 22, 2004 08:29
  • RMAYEKAR
Phillip...are you attending University anywhere right now? Or will you be going to China on your own? I did a six month Chinese Language and culture course at the Beijing Institute of Technology but I did it through a study abroad program. The program I attended was for people studying at Jesuit universities in the states so i don't know if any info. I have will help you. Let me know.
Sep 22, 2004 15:36
  • PHILLIP
I'll be studying on my own. I'm not at university now. Thanks for your reply though.
Sep 23, 2004 22:25
  • NU83
I am studying at the Beijing Language and Culture University which is very near to Beijing University. I also know some students at Beida. I think you should go to BLCU, if you are only interested in language. I think Beida is a better school overall, but it does not specialize in language for foreigners.
Sep 24, 2004 09:09
  • CHRIS
yeah, BLCU would be considered. I find this for you, the Academic Program.
http://www.wmich.edu/studyabroad/programs/china/beijing.html

And the website of the BLCU
http://www.blcu.edu.cn/eblcu.htm

Hope they are helpful:D
Oct 1, 2004 11:09
  • PHILLIP
Thanks for the tip. I've had a look at BLCU's website. Which course are you taking? One of the semester courses or something longer? Could you tell me a little about it? How many students are there to a class, that kind of thing. Any info is greatly appreciated. Also, if you do know anyone studying Chinese at Bei Da, I'd love to hear about their course too. Thanks a lot.
Oct 11, 2004 02:20
  • PEKINGIRL
From what I see,the foreign students who study in BeiDa can't speak mandarin well,so don't go there to study chinese!
Though Beida has very beautiful and large campus,and very famous on education,it is not very good for learning chinese.
I recommend BLCU and Beijing Normal University,the foreign students from these two schools can speak good mandarin in a short time,and I saw the textbooks of these two schools,they are quite systematical.;-)
Oct 12, 2004 12:31
  • PHILLIP
Thankyou for your advice.
Post a Reply to: Chinese study in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code