Menu
Can I, a USA citizen, get my visa for China during my 25 days in India
Sep 21, 2004 22:13
  • AJIJICPAT
I am a US citizen, now retired and living in Ajijic, Mexico. I will be in India on a tour for 25 days starting January 25. Can I get my visa for travel to Shanghai and Beijing while I am in Rajasthan region of India? I am also going to Bangkok and Phuket. It seems very difficult to handle this from Mexico/Guadalajara area. There are no Embassies here.I would have to send my original passport separately to the Embassies for India, China and Thailand That means three times, wait for it to be returned, send it out to the next.Very costly and time-consuming!!! I wonder if I get my visa for India, then go to the chinese Embassy and Thailand Embassy while in Delhi would that work?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sep 22, 2004 08:40
  • RMAYEKAR
This probably won't be too helpful to you but when I visited Vietnam from China, I just went to the Vietnamese Embassy in Beijing and got my visa there. No problem at all. It took about one week or something like that. I think that you can go to the the chinese and thai embassy in Delhi and get all of the required visas but it might be best to directly contact the American consulate in Beijing to make certain. They should be able to answer your question for sure. I hope that helped but I'm sure it didn't :)

Also, I don't know how strict the Chinese are about people coming in from India or Thailand. You might want to check that as well.
Sep 22, 2004 09:42
  • BILLIE
I think it is very possible that you can get other country's visa in one country, but the precondition is that the one where you are staying now should have the embassy. So that it to say, you can get the Chinese visa in India.
But it seems that only New Delhi has the Chinese Embassy. Maybe you can get more information from them.
Address: 50D, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021

Tel: 91-11-26116682

Fax: 91-11-26111105

Or from their website:
http://www.chinaembassy.org.in/eng/lssw/default.htm

Hope can help you:D
Post a Reply to: Can I, a USA citizen, get my visa for China during my 25 days in India
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code