Menu
Questions on Li river cruise & others (Guilin,Yangshuo,Guiyang)
Jun 5, 2006 10:02
  • HIDAJANT
Hi, I'm going to Guilin, Yangshuo and guiyang on July. Can you suggest the following:
1. Where to buy a ticket for Li river cruise? shall I arrange it via tour operator or can I buy it directly on the spot at the same day?
2. Are there many type of cruise boat for Li river cruise? is the price varies between one to the other type of cruise (type of boat??)
3. Did you watch "Impression Liu Sanjie show" in the evening? Is it easy to buy the ticket? how much (RMB) is the ticket?
4. If I want to rent a car for a day tour - do you know how much is the rate? (per day or half day?)
5. For accommodation, do you know how much does it costs for 2 or 3 stars accommodation?

Hope you could help me on the above queries.... Many thanks, mate.
Jun 6, 2006 06:54
  • LEMONCACTUS
I took a cruise on the Li River last summer.

I travelled to Yangshuo and went with a hawker who was outside the bus station... The cruise started in Xngping (a small town well worth a visit, maybe 40mins mini-bus journey from Yangshuo). No plan and I didn't know what to expect. The cruise lasted about 2 hours and was on a small wooden boat with about 20 other people. I loved it because we were very close to the water, the boat was small and we could sit on the deck. We were almost level with the cows that were swimming in the river. There were many, many larger boats ferrying lots of passengers.

There are also many "tours" you can arrange via any hostel/hotel you stay at in Guilin and Yangshuo, so there is no problem and the cruises range from a few hours to all day - there are no shortages of tickets or boats and you can easily wake up in the morning and book a cruise for the same day.

Prices vary according to length of cruise, type of boat and if you want meals etc.

I stayed in a hostel in Yangshuo and Guilin, twin rooms and it was about 100rmb for the room.

Have a great trip, it's gorgeous there :)
Jan 27, 2009 15:35
  • CAPTAINPARK
Hithere.

I am plan to be there mid March.
Where to buy a ticket for Li river cruise?
Do they offer full length cruise ?(52 Miles) in March or short cruise only
Jan 28, 2009 21:51
  • BOBERT
I was in Yangshuo in October last year and I will be back again in March. It's a beautiful area. You will have no problem purchasing tickets for a cruise on the Li River in Yangshuo. Unfortunately touts are everywhere!

In my opinion the most scenic part of the river is the area described by Lemoncactus and most easily accessed from Xingping. Take a local bus to Xingping (about 5 yuan) and buy a cruise to suit your requirements when you get there. Incidentally, the scene from the wharf at Xingping is depicted on the 20 yuan note so that gives you an idea what to expect. If you dont have a 20 yuan note, take a look here....

http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/banknotes/china_peoples_rep/ChinaPeoplesRepublicPNew-20Yuan-2005_b.jpg
Nov 23, 2012 06:38
GUEST77207 MY husband and I are trying to travel from Guilin to Yangshou with our luggage (2 roller bags). Does anybody know if they will allow us to get on the boat and what type of boats?

Thanks

Nov 25, 2012 01:53
GUEST4325
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST77207

MY husband and I are trying to travel from Guilin to Yangshou with our luggage (2 roller bags). Does anybody know if they will allow us to get on the boat and what type of boats?

Thanks

Yes, you can bring your luggage onto the boat. There are ordinary and luxurious boats. You can choose whatever you like.
Post a Reply to: Questions on Li river cruise & others (Guilin,Yangshuo,Guiyang)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code