Menu
Something Hard to Explain
Jun 9, 2006 01:35
  • PINETREE
Therefore I believe that all these happened not without a reason.
Men, as another example, also could not have come from evolution or accident. Human being is too complicated & beautiful to be evolved from a single cell. Impossible.
What do u think could've happened many hundred thousand years ago then ?! Why are life & things as they are today ?
I really think that Men were made. The ancient knowledge that men possessed - growing of rice, domestication of certain animals, technology, mummifying, etc, etc - were passed down to Men, not discovered.
Holy cow !!
Jun 12, 2006 17:56
  • GRIZ326
When I was traveling in Shanghai in 1975, I questioned a woman working in a communal medical facility about how accupuncture was discovered.

I couldn't imagine people sticking pins into them selves for grins and giggles.

She said, "Ancient Chinese wisdom."

...so there you have it.
Jun 12, 2006 19:09
  • PINETREE
Indeed as recent as 30 yrs ago, the western doctors refused to accept accupuncture. As u know, things the western world cannot accept means it is wrong. But things not acceptable to the west does not mean it is not true and working. Not everything can be explained in simple western logics. This is more of an attitude problem.
Accupuncture is now an accepted practice in the western medical field as an effective medical tool. It works on a person's energy fields. A person has a load of energy field flowing in the body. I believe that Indian yoga runs along the same principle.
Most western young medical students study this too - there is nothing mystical about it now.
The question is more of how did the ancient Chinese know or inherit this knowledge from ?
Jun 12, 2006 19:53
  • MAY001
Story goes that the famous ancient doctor Bian Que invented accupuncture, anaesthetic and even Chinese martial arts. How could he do these? Maybe because he was a genius?
Jun 12, 2006 20:17
  • PINETREE
Why not ? If there was an Einsten why couldn't there be a Bian Que ? Or else how could the Chinese be the originators of many many ancient inventions ?
Jun 12, 2006 20:23
  • MAY001
So, there is nothing hard to explain...There were genius!!
Jun 12, 2006 20:34
  • PINETREE
Hahaha, u sound so disappointed !
OK, let me try to make this more interesting which was the original intention. Digressed because a member "questioned" in 1975 the effectiveness of accupuncure & couldn't get a logical explanation ! But again, me no expert in accupuncture/medicine.

There can be many explanations for the vast knowledge that the ancient people could have. 1 is that they were invented by people like Bian Que. The other is simply as California put it "god made them happened". This may not be true other than an easy way of explaining it away. But, if we believe that Man were here not by accident/evolution, then all that happened may not be that difficult to apprehend.
It is probable that we were created by "some other beings". The knowledge that we had were passed down to us by them.
Next question : If this is so, why passed down different knwoledge to other civilisations ?
Jun 12, 2006 20:40
  • MAY001
Maybe there were different 'some other beings'. They created different race and imparted different culture.
Jun 13, 2006 00:49
  • PINETREE
U are right, May !!
In my opinion, there were different gods. There couldn't be only ONE god - even the Bible admits that there are more than 1 god.
So for the Chinese, there was the Chinese god - probably the most brilliant & unselfish one who passed some of his(her ?) knowledge down to our ancestors !!
Jun 13, 2006 04:43
  • BENJAMIN
Over the last 3.8 billion years the macroevolution of todays ecosystem has been dependant on small microevolutionary steps/changes acting under the influence of the four basic evolutionary mechanisms — mutation ( a man with a head bigger than his body begging for spare change in down-town Chongqing), migration ( me moving to china and taking a Chinese girlfriend – maybe having babies), genetic drift (are you feeling lucky!) and natural selection (America wants oil and your country stand in the way) — thus enabling us to evolve into a world based in transition. Under the four previously stated mechanisums we will continue to take small but colorful steps into the future. However, if in some way shape or form the power of the universe in all its glory can be summed up in a holistic belief system, i.e. religion, god and the realms of human fantasy; then I also wonder under what mechanism this obvious fatal floor was conceived. Does it represent a macro evolutionary change? A negitive to counter actconsciousness’ maybe… One can only speculate. Like in the case of our humble grain of rice we ourselves may in essence be but a staple for something a lot bigger. And out of the ashes of our extinction can come an equally persistent collection of trials and errors that bumble their way aimlessly forward to the beat of the evolutionary drum. if energy is a constant then god exists... Sorry folks thats just my wu jiao worth...
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Something Hard to Explain
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code