Menu
Famous wave from high tide in Lunar Festival
Sep 23, 2004 15:25
  • MULMANALU
I need to know the exact date of this year's high tide nature activity in Hangzhou.
Anyway, do you know anyone in Fuyang who speaks English so I can make a contact? Or do you live here? Thank you! muller manalu

Sep 24, 2004 09:24
  • CHRIS
Wow, the tide date will come on the 3rd day after the Mid-Autumn Festival, that is to say the 18th day of lunar August. What a coincidence! This year's is the National Day!
Be cautious!

Sep 27, 2004 22:20
  • MULMANALU
Thanks for your reply. I will come there at October 1st. But why should I be cautious? I was told, I could see it from the Pagoda 6 Harmony near the river, will it be safe enough?

Thank you. MM :-)
Sep 28, 2004 10:22
  • BETH
I think standing on the Six Harmony Pagoda to watch the grand Qiantang tide would be much safer.
Some Icarian watchers are so BRAVE to watch the tide just stand one the shore and bank, so near to the river. It is very dangerous though they may see and feel the wonderful tide without distance. And every year there have some sad news about the result of such foolish behavior.
Oct 2, 2004 20:01
  • TIETOU
yes,it is very dangous in watching the tide,because the tide is the strongest in a year.it will be 10 metres high.it is sail that some people were pull off to the sea and died because of the strong tide.Be careful,that is very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Reply to: Famous wave from high tide in Lunar Festival
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code