Menu
my chengdu trip needs your help!
Jun 14, 2006 04:42
  • BAYER
hi,

I am preparing a short family tour in Chengde, Hebei provice in the following weekend.

I have got some information about the tourist attactions and also hotel in Chengde from your website. However, my question is I and my family is living in Beijing China. I knew it is not far to reach my destination from Beijing. Could anyone give me some advice and show me the difference on how to go to Chengdu, by train or by car or by air? Which way is the best and convenient?

Oh, another important point is the hotel info about Chengde in your website is unacceptable,
beacuse only one hotel is available. So I cannot decide whether the hotel your website recommended is really good or not. Please give me some choices, I may book a hotel from you.

Jun 14, 2006 04:50
  • PINETREE
Is it Chengde or Chengdu that you are referring to ? They are 2 different places far apart from each other.
Jun 14, 2006 05:03
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Bayer,

There are two Chengde hotels available in our booking list. Please check the following link:
http://hotel.travelchinaguide.com/chengde-hotels/.

Actually all the hotels in our booking list are carefully chosen. All the descriptions, including the price, exactly match the real situations. Please don't worry.

And also you can see our hotel testimonials from our guests by checking the following link:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/hotel/comment.asp

Have a nice trip.

Christine
Jun 14, 2006 19:58
  • MAY001
I think you can take a train from Beijing to Chengde. It's much cheaper than air and it may take you less than 4 hours.
Jun 14, 2006 20:05
  • RITA
If I remember correctly, there isn't an airport in Chengde?!

With regard to the hotels, there are not many decent hotels to choose in Chengde, i guess that's why there is only one listed in TCG, as a reliable travel agency, it's not wise for TCG to list any hotels with bad reputations or bad services. The one they recommend will be just fine for you.

Have a nice trip!
Jun 14, 2006 22:20
  • ELEMENT
Hi, Bayer, as I know, there is no flight between Beijing and Chengde. It takes about 4 hours from Beijing to Chengde by train. You can take an afternoon train and you can also have a glimpse of beautiful scenery of the countryside. It is convenient and economical for your family.

Good luck!

Joyce
Jun 15, 2006 21:06
  • BAYER
Thank you so so much for everybody's reply. It's definitely useful for my family trip.

Take your suggestion, I decide going their by train and pick up the on way landscape.

My new question is who can offer me a train schedule that I can choose which one is suitable for me to arrange my trip.

Actually, I like your website and your service (from the my question answer you offered me and the testimorial), I would like to trust you and hope you can help me to arrage the whole tour if you have an agent in Beijing and I am willing to
get your service in person.
Jun 15, 2006 21:11
  • CALIFORNIA
There was a few trains from Beijing to Chengde:

N211,from 7:16 to 11:15,almost 4 hours!41yuan for hardsleeper!!!

Good luck!
Jun 15, 2006 21:56
  • RITA
Calif, are you sure there are sleeper carriages in N211, such short distance train? Because i checked the information and was told there was no hard nor soft sleeper prices?!
Jun 15, 2006 22:02
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Rita,

I think they have hardsleeper,but I didn't pay attention to it!

Maybe in the peak time,and someone likes to get the expensive ticket!!!
Jun 16, 2006 01:51
  • ELEMENT
It is just a short journey from Beijing to Chengde, so it is no need of taking the soft sleeper train. The soft seat is acceptable. Maybe the time schedule of the train Beijing/ Chengde 2251/2253/2256/2257 from 13:22 to 18:27 is better. The charge for the soft seat tickets on that is RMB33.00 net per person. However, the train condition is not as good as that of N211.
For the train of Chengde/ Beijing, N212 1440/1838 could be a good choice. The charge of the soft seat train tickets is RMB61.00 net per person.

Enjoy yourselves.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: my chengdu trip needs your help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code