Menu
Do I need a visa to visit Hainan Island
Mar 10, 2011 12:52
GUESTSCOTT F... See important note at the end. The 26 countries are: Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Great Britain, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kazakstan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Thailand, USA and Ukraine. IMPORTANT NOTE: You can only enter Hainan island visa free from one of these 26 countries if you are part of an approved tour group. If you have a tour booked you should ask your tour operator if they are approved. If you are going alone, or your tour group is not approved, then you will need a Chinese visa!
Mar 10, 2011 12:54
GUESTSCOTT F... This isn't actually true... If you are a Malaysian on a group tour with an approved tour operator you will not need a visa for trips up to 21 days. If you are not with an approved tour operator or not on a group tour, you will need the visa.
Sep 4, 2012 18:16
GUESTSAUD I am from Saudi till me is requere tourism Visa to visit Hainan Island and from where can be found
Sep 4, 2012 21:36
GUESTETHAN Hi GUESTSAUD, you can either apply for a China tourist visa in advance from Chinese embassy/consulate in Saudi Arabia or apply for a China tourist visa on arrival at Haikou and Sanya via sea or air.
Jan 11, 2013 08:05
  • FLYINGTIGER
Incorrect. People who can't speak English here are mistaking visa free for free visa. They are not the same. Here is the rule. If there are 5 or more of you, the visa is free. That means you don't pay for it. It doesn't mean u don't need it.

That being said if your passport is on the list of 25 countries that China likes, you can get the visa on arrival at Hainan airports. If not you need to get it at a China embassy before you leave home.

Once you are on the island with your 2 week visa you can go into the immigration office and get another 2 weeks added onto it. You need to bring a letter in when you go from the hotel or place where you are staying saying where you are residing.

With a Hainan Island visa on arrival, you can travel to the mainland. It is China wide except for Tibet.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do I need a visa to visit Hainan Island
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code