Menu
Travelling plan for visit to Hainan Island in July 2006
Jun 15, 2006 09:18
  • LEEJOHN68
Hi, it's me again.
Thanks to all who helped in replying all my previos postings. Now, I hope to get more helps in planning my coming trip in July 2006.

There are 9 of us, all Hainanese adults. We will be arriving on Tiger Airway. Now, which is cheaper, by cabs or public transport ? What is the fare like ? Can I hire a van to take us from the Airport to Haikou Town ?

We plan to spend our first night in Haikou Town. Any recommendation which hotel to stay in town ? What's the charges like. Does the hotel arrange transport to fetch us from the Haikow airport ?
Depending on the hotel charges, and as we are travelling on a tight budget, we may take 3 or 4 rooms for the night, preferably with breakfast provided.

We plan to leave Haikou Town for Qionghai town on the following morning. If possible, we want to hire a van to fetch us from Haikow to Qionghai town Hotel then to our village houses. Please advise how we can get such a transport at Haikou. We need the transport to fetch us back to the Qionghai Hotel as well. What is the fare like ? Most probably, we will stay at Qionghai town for 2 nights after which we may proceed to Sanya and other tourist places or return back to Haikou. We will leave Haikou for Spore on 22.7.2006.

Appreciate all suggestions. If confidentiality is an issue, you can write directly to me at
hotmail.com|leejohn68

Thanks
Jun 15, 2006 22:07
  • BELLELI
From Haikou airport to Haikou downtown, for public transprtation, RMB15/person. For hiring a van, it takes about RMB150-200, not so valuable. I think you could take 2 or 3 taxi, that would be cheaper than taking public bus and hiring a van. It's about RMB30 for taking a taxi to downtown.

As for breakfasts, most hotels in Haikou don't include breakfasts. That is to say you have to pay more for breakfasts. In fact, if you live in the downtown, find some breakfast shop is very easy and very cheap. For hotels, they are so many hotels in Haikou, that depends on your budget. I suggest you should choose some central hotels, because that would be convenient. In Haikou downtown, Mingyang Hotel and Embassy Hotel are good hotel, I think you could take it into your consideration, about RMB150/day.

It's RMB23 from Haikou to Qionghai by taking public bus. If you need go to your village house, take a taxi should be convenient. Bty, can you speak Mandarin or Hainan dialect?

Hope it helps!
Jun 15, 2006 22:17
  • PINETREE
U can surf the web in TCG for hotels in China. U can also try this websire for a wider range that may meet your budget :-

http://www.sinohotel.com/hotel/city.html?cid=18

Enjoy.
Jun 16, 2006 00:13
  • LEEJOHN68
Dear,
Thanks.
Yes, we speak Mandarin, Hainanese as well as English. No problem for Singaporean !!!
Jun 16, 2006 07:37
  • LEEJOHN68
Dear Belleli,

I am an English educated elderly Hainanses man. Unlike my children, I did not learn Hanyu Pinyin while I am in school in the 1960+. I used the name "Ka-Check" town in my earlier posting as it is a literal verbal translation in Hainanes dialect of "Jiali" town. Are you a Hainanese ? I suspect you are not !! It was only later that I found out from the Web Maps in Chinese that the town I was looking for is actually "Qionghai" town. "Qionghai" town is still also known as "Jiali" town. Right !!!!
Jul 2, 2011 20:44
GUESTPATTY Hi, I am english educated hainanese. I would like to visit hainan island and to visit my ancestral home. According to my grandparent, it is o sui in bon shue kuai. This is a verbal translation in hainanese. Can anyone help to let me know the correct name in English.
Post a Reply to: Travelling plan for visit to Hainan Island in July 2006
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code