Menu
staying in Guangzhou in October?
Jun 17, 2006 13:37
  • DVERGAR
I've planned travelling to Guangzhou this October, but the Trade Fair in fall seems to make that hard to impossible. Standard hotel rates (3-4 star hotel, twin bed deluxe room) per night semm to be ok around 35-50 USD, but at the time of the Trade Fair, the prices seem to rise to 200% and more.

So, my question is, if there are still nice hotels in Guangzhou, which don't have such silly high prices at the time of the Trade Fair. Or maybe a furnished appartment to be rented for 2-4 weeks for a reasonable price.

Or is the only chance to shift the date of my trip to a different month?
Jun 18, 2006 21:51
  • TJYLICKY
That's very diffcult to find cheap hotel in GZ that time.I know,because I had working in the hotel.And now I working in the foreigner company,our customer will rent apartment that season.but I can tell you,even the price will cheaper than hotel.But the price also will hight.
may be is 5000RMB each month.but if you can accept the apartment without elevator.That will more cheaper,but don't worry,inside every thing that's very nice.
when you will arrive?If you arrive.may be you can contact me,because I am local girl of GZ,I had working in hotel,also had be a tour guide.Now I working in foreigner company,I take them to wholesale market in GZ,and help them rent apartment in GZ.I can help you save much money and time in GZ.my mocile is 13710384511
I am karen.
Aug 28, 2006 05:02
  • KEVINGZ
if not necessary to come at that time. It is much better to change your schedule.
Sep 6, 2006 06:38
  • DAVIDWONG
I think I can help you to rent a nice apartment for you. I am a real estate officer at Guangzhou. We provide short-term rent and long-term rent.If you decide come, pls tell us 1 week in advance. email: hotmail.com|huangdenggui
Sep 28, 2006 21:35
  • GILAGILA
Need help to look for an apartment (cheap) to stay for 10 days from 30th Sep to 11 Oct in Guangzhou. Anyone can help please contact me at getronics.com|max.mun. Thanks
Sep 28, 2006 23:07
  • PINETREE
Very often we hear members commenting about prices being cheap or expensive in China - esp during festive seasons or when there is an international happening.
To the locals, this is quite easy to define. To the foreigners, is 200% more than normal Chinese prices really high ? Higher than what u would pay in your own country ? Or is it silly simply because it is higher than normal times' prices in China ?
This is not normal time and it is the market rate at that time. The prices that are being asked for are not higher than market, are they ?
When one plans for a visit, one has to take into a/c the timing - peak and low season. U cannot be that inflexible on your visit schedule and expect things your way.
Hahaha !! Think about it. China is moving towards a freer market now.
Post a Reply to: staying in Guangzhou in October?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code