Menu
The Olympics 2008
Jun 18, 2006 02:27
  • KEVINWARDCFC
I have just spent 6 enjoyable weeks in China. At every turn, one is aware of a growing Olympic fever as all eyes are on 2008. Question: Do you people in China feel that the benefits of the coming Olympics will reach to the four corners of the land, or be concentrated only on Beijing and its environs?

Jun 18, 2006 20:35
  • PINETREE
I think the effect of the coming Olympics will be felt and will affect most part of China - the most direct beneficiaries being the big cities 1st. I fancy that tourism will be the big draw and the awareness of this country to most people throughout the world. Even if the effect is not immediate, it will have a longer term effect ont he rest of the country.
I think it is definitely good for China to host the Olympics. It is an excellent opportunity to advertise China and provide her as an eye-opener for most outside China.
What the locals say ?
Jun 19, 2006 01:52
  • PEA28COCK
Hi Pinetree,

A local has come.

The Olympic Games 2008 will difinitely affects the whole Chinese nation. It is a rare chance for us to present a beautiful and charming China to the world. I am sure that after 2008, more and more people will fall in love with my motherland. :)
Aug 18, 2006 20:19
  • FRANKDONG
I have the same feeling in trip of beijing,but i think the great chinese will gain that thay want
Post a Reply to: The Olympics 2008
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code